+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Majestic DVR33 transformer or ?

Post Likes

Majestic DVR33 transformer or ?

Hello,

Having trouble figuring out why I can't get this thing lit, although the pilot is fine. Instead of a wall switch we have a low voltage thermostat made specifically for gas fireplaces which is only a year old however using my meter I don't see any voltage at that point. I validated that there's 120vac coming into the little junction box in the fireplace. From there it looks like the wires go to what looks like a transformer on the blower but is there another transformer? The owner's guide shows both, where the first is called "Transformer 24V EN/EP" and the second is called "Fan with Bracket" so I'm assuming that the transformer on the blower is just for the blower?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.17.34 PM.png
Views: 729
Size:  20.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.24.21 PM.png
Views: 763
Size:  36.9 KB
    There's no voltage across the terminals at the gas control valve either. Prior to this no-go situation, last season I could usually get it to light by flicking the wall thermostat switch on and off multiple times until it would finally light but that doesn't work anymore.

I'm having trouble locating the actual Transformer 24V EN/EP in the fireplace so that I can maybe remove and bench test it. Nor can I find a replacement part online so would a more generic one do the job or does it have to be OEM?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Likes
    #26 shows the fan motor--not a transformer.

Post Likes

Transformer

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    #26 shows the fan motor--not a transformer.
    Thank you for that clarification. I guess that to this inexperienced eye it resembled a transformer. Where would it normally be in these fireplaces?

Post Likes
    Anybody else want to take a shot at this? My Majestic DVR33 propane box has 110v coming in and I can trace hot to the fan temp sensor but that's where it stops which I assume means it's functioning normally. What I'm having trouble finding is just where the 24v transformer is actually located so that I can find it! Is it actually part of the SIT gas valve? Help, it's getting cold in my den!!

Post Likes
    This site cannot assist with DIY.....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in