Post Likes

Small material lifts

I currently have a summner 2210 and my buddy got one too.

We've had problems with them getting bound up while lifting and lowering if the load isn't perfectly balanced. Even then we still have trouble at times. Happend when they we're fairly new as well. Lubricated them too.

Conaidering getting the genie lift gl12 or similar brand or model.

Anyone owned one and have feedback? Possibly another brand/model? Just looking to lift small stuff air handlers, spiral, etc. We do have 2 older full size genie lift but the things just too heavy and big for the small stuff. Hard to get in and doorways and tight spaces.

Post Likes
    We have a bunch of Genie brand ones, they’re pretty decent.

Post Likes
    Almost everyone I have seen use a small hand lift in my area are Genie brand lifts. Ones I have used work well.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Small material lifts

We use the co2 genie lifts. Converted them to use our N2 for convenience.
    We use it to lift WSHP units all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    I forgot about those ones...they are slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    We use the co2 genie lifts. Converted them to use our N2 for convenience.
    We use it to lift WSHP units all the time

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    I forgot about those ones...they are slick.

They are great for working in tight areas and easy to carry down narrow hallways to bring them to the equipment being worked on.

We have a few of them. One of them we cut the legs down so it will set up in smaller spaces like halls or close to the wall, for those hard to get units.

The problem with the CO2 type lift is that you need to lift the unit up onto the lift ram, so two people are needed if lifting heavy or awkward items. But if you are just lowering it down then fixing it and putting it right back up then it works well because it creates a nice table to work on (although it does spin). For the reason of having to lift the items onto the ram I prefer to use a ram with a collapsed height at about my waist, so heavy units are easier to load onto it. We have longer rams for those high up units but its harder to load the units on when you need to lift them that high up onto the ram platform.

We keep all the support bars, hoses , and reg inside a metal tool box so it all transports very easy. I use it so much more then the Vermette type lift that we have (you know the type you crank a load up on forks by winding the handle to yank the cable around the drum)

Post Likes
    As for the co2 powered lifts a friend told me that theirs would suddenly drop a bit and it was sketchy. That made me not even want to consider getting one. Maybe theirs wasnt well taken care of though. Seems like a few of you pretty happy so i may reconsider.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sheedyhvac View Post
    As for the co2 powered lifts a friend told me that theirs would suddenly drop a bit and it was sketchy. That made me not even want to consider getting one. Maybe theirs wasnt well taken care of though. Seems like a few of you pretty happy so i may reconsider.
    It can be spongy but we use that to our advantage. If the shaft isnt kept oiled then it can bind a little when you drop loads down. Also if you are pulling it to the side then that can add friction to the shaft and make it a little jerky. Lastly, if the item you are lowering is caught up in the ceiling then when you release air it can suddenly drop a bit when the item suddenly becomes loose.

It caught me off guard the first few times I used it but after getting to know them very well I can determine if or when it will happen so we can prepare for it and make it happen safely. Plus the sponginess of it is helpful when trying to get rods to go through mounting feet of a unit, as an example, because you can press it up to the rods then pull down each corner as you put the rods through. The unit then raises automatically once the rod is through so it wont come back out, then you move to the next rod and repeat the prices until all the rods are through.

Its not a replacement for a Vermette but in my line of work it is the CO2 lift that gets used 99% of the time. Works great with large duct work also.