Post Likes

Mitsubishi MLZ series one way cassettes

I have a builder wanting us to install Mitsubishi MLZ one way ceiling cassettes in several high end semi-custom homes he is building. I haven't installed Mitsubishi but i have done ceiling cassettes. My biggest concern by far with these is that some of the ceilings are vaulted. It is a very shallow slant, i think 1 & 12.

I am wondering if anyone has been brave enough to try installing ceiling cassettes on a vaulted ceiling before. Other than drainage for the condensation, i don't think it realistically would create a problem. I do plan on calling tech support but I am sure they will say it must be perfectly level just because that's how they want it. I will most likely have to let the builder know that if the slant causes an issue, i am not re installing them for free.

Post Likes
    Are you going to install them for free if the ceilings are level?
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    I wonder about the warranty with being out of level!

Post Likes
    I wouldn't install that way, Manual says LEVEL for a reason. Why would you want to take a chance like that at all?

Post Likes
    The drain pans in the MLZ cassettes are really shallow and I expect that any pitch will cause you water leaks on the downhill side. Just took a quick look at the manual and it specifically says mount them level and that's the answer you'll get from tech support. I'd recommend looking for another solution - maybe a slim ducted unit to a slot diffuser if looks are an issue.