Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

RECOVERY MACHINES What do you use ?

Hey guys i know there is alot of threads on recovery machines i am sorry to add another but i am in the market for one and I cant find many reviews i have a few questions.

First off what do most of you use I use yellow jacket at our company but we share them between us and it seems like they are constantly broke. Not everyone at our company treats the tools with the same respect. So i am in the market for my own and not have to share around with the other techs.

My local supplier sells JB does anyone know if there machine is worth while? I am also interested in either the fieldpiece MR45 , the new hilmor or the new Navac brushless model but i cant really find any reviews. I know appion makes the G5twin but i have used it and was not super excited about it.

Also I am in canada and the only place i can find NAVAC is from Tru Tech will they ship a recovery machine to canada?

And lastly sorry to ramble but with the new refrigerants to replace 410a in the next few years such as 454b and it being a class 2 refrigerant what recovery machines are certified for that ? as i do not want to buy another one in a few years.

Thanks in advance.

2. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    We have an Appion G5 Twin, an MR45, and I tried a Hilmor.
    The Hilmor was very noisy and it didn’t transfer as well as either of the others. I prefer the MR45 for several reasons - it has a soft start that works well when it’s cold, it turns itself off at -10 PSI, and I like the port layout better than the G5.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Thanks Dean this is the kind of feedback i am after. Real world opinions. That is odd that you really did not like the hilmor. I am not a huge fan of hilmor either but i figured since it is brand new to the market that it should be on the same level as the rest if not better. It looks alot like the navac one so now i am leary about it too. I almost wonder if navac makes it for hilmor the closely resemble one another and i know navac makes vacuum pumps for other manufacturers.

5. Likes TruTech-Bill liked this post
    Post Likes
    I use yellow jacket. It has an auto off switch to turn itself off when it’s recovered. Tank float switch connection, liquid or vapor recovery, and it’s fast (although I haven’t used many others to compare so take that comment with a grain of salt)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    i am on the market for a recovery machine too
    so i would like to know what you guys have
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    I’ve only used Appion and Inficon. The Appion G5 twin is far superior and I’ve been very pleased with it.

Post Likes
    We have been using the Inficon for a few years now, and very few issues. I don't know if its the fastest, but it has held up well ( we have 2 and keep one for 410 exclusively)

Post Likes
    Thanks for the input i hope some more people reply. i have never had anything to do with inficon before. They look almost like the JB wonder if one makes one for the other one or so on. I really am interested in some of the brushless Dc motors for running on extension cords and such.

Post Likes
    I have the JB, and I like it. The gauges are robust, and the purge mode actually works.

I like the appions also, but the gauges break in a hurry, and the purge mode is hit and miss.

Never used any of the DC drive machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I still have my old Promax...been going for 16 years.

Post Likes
    Any machine that works is my favorite. I'm not trying to be an A--. I've used 5 or 6 different units if they are not broken or damaged they all do a respectable job in about the same amount of time. The big thing for any of them is to make sure you use valve core removal tools, large diameter, short hoses made for the job, not just the service manifold hoses. I understand wanting to buy your own I really do. But unless you have the extra cash ($700 - $1K or more) why buy when your shop should be providing the tool to do the work. Bouncing equipment around in a service truck is hard on them. While they are designed to be used every day they just wear out faster if you do. How often are you willing to put out money for a new unit when most of the damage comes from riding in the truck? On the flip side it depends on how you do your taxes it could be a non-reimbursed expense you could claim

Good Luck

Post Likes
    I use a vr11 from United refrigeration or we have another belt driven one for high pressure. For Little stuff I have a diablo from reftec that I like.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton HVAC View Post
    Thanks for the input i hope some more people reply. i have never had anything to do with inficon before. They look almost like the JB wonder if one makes one for the other one or so on. I really am interested in some of the brushless Dc motors for running on extension cords and such.
    So this may be a myth. G5 is listed at 10 Amp and Fieldpiece/Inficon 12 Amp

I haven't had any starting or voltage drop issues with my G5 using a cord. The way the compressor works is low starting torque IMO and it only needs a 1/2 hp motor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast