Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I have used so far:
    -VALUE VRR12
    - Promax RG5410A-E
    - CM Green CM 2000
    - Appion G5Twin
    and for me, the last one so far is the best and most powerful.

Post Likes

RECOVERY MACHINES What do you use ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton HVAC View Post
    Hey guys i know there is alot of threads on recovery machines i am sorry to add another but i am in the market for one and I cant find many reviews i have a few questions.

First off what do most of you use I use yellow jacket at our company but we share them between us and it seems like they are constantly broke. Not everyone at our company treats the tools with the same respect. So i am in the market for my own and not have to share around with the other techs.

My local supplier sells JB does anyone know if there machine is worth while? I am also interested in either the fieldpiece MR45 , the new hilmor or the new Navac brushless model but i cant really find any reviews. I know appion makes the G5twin but i have used it and was not super excited about it.

Also I am in canada and the only place i can find NAVAC is from Tru Tech will they ship a recovery machine to canada?

And lastly sorry to ramble but with the new refrigerants to replace 410a in the next few years such as 454b and it being a class 2 refrigerant what recovery machines are certified for that ? as i do not want to buy another one in a few years.

Thanks in advance.
    Yes TruTechTools will ship a recovery machine to Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton HVAC View Post
    Thanks Dean this is the kind of feedback i am after. Real world opinions. That is odd that you really did not like the hilmor. I am not a huge fan of hilmor either but i figured since it is brand new to the market that it should be on the same level as the rest if not better. It looks alot like the navac one so now i am leary about it too. I almost wonder if navac makes it for hilmor the closely resemble one another and i know navac makes vacuum pumps for other manufacturers.
    NAVAC makes a significant percentage of the recovery machines sold in the US.

Bill Spohn
    President & CEO
    www.TruTechTools.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TruTech-Bill View Post
    NAVAC makes a significant percentage of the recovery machines sold in the US.

Thanks for answering some of my questions Bill can you tell me what recovery machines you sell that are approved for the new upcoming refrigerants or is there any ?

Post Likes
    i am on the market for a recovery machine too

Post Likes
    CPS TR21 for about 5 years now, removable cord, lightweight, moves quite a bit of gas for a small machine with 1/4 ports.

Post Likes
    What are considering factors when looking at reclaim units?

Do they all pump liquid?

Is there a rating as to how fast they pump?

Do they all have a purge function?

Do they all have a cylinder float switch connection cable?

I would look at portability since it’s usually on the bottom of the dolly with stuff stacked on top. If it was square or had a flat top that would help.

It would also be nice if I was able to rope through it so I could lug it up to the roof.

Weight is a consideration.

My YJ has fairly exposed gauges on the front of it that get bumped on when it bounces around in the van. A protected face would be a benefit, perhaps recessed or caged in some way.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    why Yellow Jacket are so expensive ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    why Yellow Jacket are so expensive ?
    Made in USA aren’t they?

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    Made in USA aren’t they?

I guess, but so are the JB and Inficon and maybe few more. Yj are by far the most expensive

Post Likes
    I picked up a G5 five years ago, and it's still going strong.

My criteria was weight Vs the speed of recovery. The G5 won. It was one of the most light machines, as well as being one of the faster pumpers. There were faster, but they also weighed a lot more.

Some of the weight issue might have to do with the style of work you do. In commercial, almost everything is up a tall ladder. In resi, might be able to use a hand truck from your van to the outdoor unit.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    G1 here, not the fastest out there, but on residential systems works just fine, over 5 years old , not one problem

Post Likes
    So know one has the new Navac recovery machine ? what about the MR45 fieldpiece ? Would like to hear some feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12