Post Likes

That Was Impressive.

Just got back from visiting Warner Robins AFB, I'm very familiar with fighter aircraft, but I have to admit, standing next to those large aircrafts on the flight line, impressed the hell out of me.

Saw them testing four turboprop engines, even though I was a long way away from the aircraft, I could feel it, I cant imagine standing next to it... lol.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    Yeah Roy, is that open for public tours or did you get an invite from your son who works there? If I can I will check it out next time I'm in the area. Below is a great collection of pictures from the past from around the world including in America. Check it out. Yeah. Thank you very much.

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I found the war tubas interesting:

https://mashable.com/2015/02/16/war-tubas-radar-wwi/

Post Likes
    We usually go to the open house at Dover AFB when they have them-every couple years or so. Everything there is very interesting and entertaining.
    This year they had an F-22 demonstration. That plane impressed the hell out of me.
    But the others are all impressive too.
    I’m just so used to seeing C5 and C17 aircraft everyday. Our house is just west of the runway 01 approach.
    It’s really impressive when they are doing tactical combat training in the C5 and do short approach landings. Low, fast and they don’t line up with the runway till they are almost over the bases property.
    Still miss hearing those TF-39 engines throttling up on base. You could hear them for miles.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah Roy, is that open for public tours or did you get an invite from your son who works there? If I can I will check it out next time I'm in the area. Below is a great collection of pictures from the past from around the world including in America. Check it out. Yeah. Thank you very much.

My wife and I are ex AF, had an old friend also ex AF, who works there on jet engines, which I visited, run me around the base to show me the area. As I said, was interesting to see the stuff close up. It was Saturday and somewhat empty.

Btw, my son is retired Navy law enforcement, and he's now a detective in Florida.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner