Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean1 View Post
    There are other instructors at NCI. None of them are 2nd rate. They are all the real deal.

Please don’t pass the course up based on who is teaching that particular weekend.

I have been to this course 7 times, and have had 3 different instructors (Jim - 3 times, David R - 3 times, and Justin - 1 time).

They are all excellent and will provide you with the exact same quality training.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    Ken is absolutely correct. I helped pick and train all the other combustion instructors. In many cases they are better than me, just not as goofy.
    captain CO

Post Likes

Combustion analyzer!

Hey guys sorry . That was supposed to have a “lol it haha “ at the end of it . And completely forgot that. Was definitely just a joke . I’m sure they have great instructors . Just wording error in my part . Definitely looking forward to some up coming classes whoever it is . I can definitely see how it was taken as I was looking down on other people who may teach the class. Definitely not the case at all . Anyways . Hope everyone had a great Sunday !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Randy is also correct!! Beside I might be getting old and forgetful. Plus I need more bathroom breaks.
    captain CO

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    Ken is absolutely correct. I helped pick and train all the other combustion instructors. In many cases they are better than me, just not as goofy.
    Jim is correct. I've known Jim and attended his classes many times over the years. I've also attended many classes by other NCI instructors because my company does a couple or more in house classes a year and I get to sit it. It's the information presented, put together and proven by Jim and many other technicians in the field that is important, not the instructor. I love Jim, but he and I have discussed numerous times the benefit of hearing it from another perspective and sometimes an instructors previous areas of expertise help them to see things and be able to present it in a different light. Casey was at our shop last month for three days of combustion training. I picked on him by telling him we didn't like him, but the reality is, he did a great job and the techs loved him and really related to him. Hopefully, we'll get Jim or David next time.....LOL.

Bobby

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Davis View Post
    I believe a copy of the combustion test should be kept in a file at the office but if left with the equipment it can be misinterpreted.
    Especially if people think the efficiency number is correct.

The best analyzer is the one you can service yourself. Many have to go back to the factory. Bacharach is the simplest to use and maintain. Also analyzers that stop the pump when the CO range is exceeded is damaging to the sensor and doesn't allow us to collect the O2 or flue temperature. It is hard to damage a CO sensor at high levels as long as you keep in running until the numbers come down.

Bacharachs keep running. They do not need to be checked every year. I have been checking them for years and no analyzer I have tested wasn't off enough to make a difference after 2 years. The O2 sensor has a 2 years life and self calibrates every time you turn it on. CO sensors usually last 6 to 10 years. If you buy a Bacharach in a pouch without the magnetic boot you will be sorry. You need the case and boot. The Intech is around $700 and works on residential and commercial unless you have to measure NOX or SO2.

I have been calibrating Bacharach equipment since the 80's. Because my life depends on it, I make sure it is right. A calibrated CO sensor costs about $220 or I will do it for $85 to $95. I also know how to fix the pumps when they are not pumping correctly.
    I hope to train someone else to take my place down the road.
    can you calibrate / service an h10 leak detector cause Bacharach won't anymore, They just want to sell you new. I got some I refuse to throw away, as soon as I do I'll find someone who can fix em.

Post Likes
    sorry, never worked on leak detectors.
    captain CO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12