Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    While this is true I hear about all the immigrants that came from nothing, came to America, worked their butt off and ended up millionaires. You use to hear those stories of natural born citizens, but not so much anymore. We as a culture have gotten soft, some times I look in the mirror and see the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man staring back. Our forefathers would be ashamed and we should be also but we have it too easy so why care.

I have had discussions with others about how on one income we took vacations with our parents yet today with 2 incomes we struggle to even have vacation every 5 years or so. The conclusion came down to all the stuff we pay for our parents didn't, cell phones, cable, computers, 2 cars, fast food/eating out, multiple TV's and other latest gadgets to name a few. Some days I think about my cable/phone/internet bill and wonder WHY!!! but pay the bill and move on to the next ridiculous thing in life in
    America today.
    good points. cable and a family cell bill is 5-600 a mo.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Special-K View Post
    So let's impeach the guy presiding over this and put a Democrat in?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/05/ther...t-of-work.html
    Hey, you cannot let anyone outside the swamp have credit for anything good...
    The sheep might realize they are being sheared...

GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I heard that unemployment is only low because people are working two and three jobs.

PHM
    -------
    Fake news. It was started because that idiot AOC is saying it. But she is completely wrong. For two reasons....

First off many of the people wrong two jobs are because they can. There is that job opening at Home Depot on the weekend or at night. And they are happy to have it. That job wasn't available a few years ago.

But second, and most importantly..... It's a lie anyway. There are less people working two jobs now than in the 90s during another booming economy with low unemployment. The way I read that is, jobs are available but less people NEED to take them compared to the 90s boom.

It's not debatable that this economy is one of the best this country has ever seen. And especially true for the middle class and down, historically speaking. The middle class down sometimes gets passed over during a strong economic times. Not with deregulation and tax cuts though.

Weird how that worked out so well for the middle class and down. Just like I said it would. While all the dopes argued with me for years over it.

Now all we have to do is to get the congress to stop spending. Can you imagine what good shape We The People would be in if there were a plurality of Trumps in congress?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    What is says to a lot of people is that they don't like having to work two or three jobs that don't pay much, and still barely get by. "Income inequality" has been a big issue for a while, and will be a big election issue.
    Read my post above. Your statement is based on an incorrect opinion.

Less percentage of people are working two jobs now than in the 90s. I know plenty of people who have taken on second jobs. And it wasn't because they had to to pay the bills. They do so for one good reason. Those part time second jobs pay GREAT money. We are talking upper teens/low 20s for part time work. People are taking advantage of the opportunities. They don't NEED the jobs. They took them and bought things like boats. One buddy I have took a part time night and weekend gig and immediately bought a two year old Dodge 3500 Laramie and a new 26 travel trailer. And again, the labor and statistic numbers show this to be the case along with my anecdotal evidence.

BTW, he's thinking of dropping the part time job because his wife took a new job at a different hospital and got a bunch more money. Go TRUMP!

I've often said, it's easy to fall for leftist spin. Even if your are an intelligent conservative and even if you are aware it there. It's an evil infection and it affects everyone.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool breeze 38 View Post
    good points. cable and a family cell bill is 5-600 a mo.
    My families cable and cell phone bills total $400 a month. We have 5 people on our cell phone plan. All unlimited. And we have the most channel package Comcast offers with their 400mbs internet.

Oh, and we have an installed for free home security system with monthly monitoring in that $400.

You guys also have to remember, we could all raise a family of four on our incomes alone and live like our families did growing up. But we all want toys. Toys our parents never dreamed of. We could easily live in the same 1000sq/ft house with one bathroom and 2 or 3 kids in one bedroom. Drive one or two junkers. One TV. And take a vacation once or twice a year. But we want the new cars, quads, boats F250's.

Hell, I just bought a $200 flashlight for my AR last week. I'll never use it. But it's on there.

Oh, and I just bought some Sony WH-1000XM3's today. They are the best noise canceling headphone out there. Bought them cuz me and the family are going to visit my parents and go Disney World and Bush Gardens in a couple months.

BTW, the wife is a stay at home mom. And has been since we got married 20 years ago.

That being said, I'm really loving my buddies new truck and travel trailer. I might have to kick the wife back into the workforce.

So we are just doing fine. All of us are most likely. And looking back at our families in the 50s, 60s and the 70s, we tend to put a little more icing on that cake than it deserves.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    "part time "jobs increased under Obama so employers could beat the healthcare mandate.. so people would end up working two jobs vs one
    Yup , another wonderful plague Eboma brought to us ... trying to figure out how to avoid paying through the nose

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    My first thought is there actually more jobs than unemployed or are they still using the bogus calculation system created by BHO to make his numbers look better. Under the last guy if you quite looking for a job you were no longer unemployed, you were only unemployed if you were actively looking for a job.

Next PHM was making a joke based on a idiotic statement made by a Dem politician.

Lastly, people working 2-3 jobs to make ends meet are a sign that increases in the minimum wage are actually hurting those they are meant to help. Raising wages raises prices making it harder to make ends meet. Minimum wage is mainly on entry level jobs so kids can learn a skill and get an understanding of the working world, not a job for life. As you raise the minimum you have to increase the rest. If you make $10/hr for several years and minimum goes up to $10/hr are you going to be happy staying at $10 when the newbee is now making the same? Some how I don't think so. As this happens, because of the need to maintain a profit margin prices go up faster than wages. So it ends up the guy working at McD's can't afford a big mac.
    Thank you, it always feels good to know we still have educated citizens, its getting harder and harder to find.

But considering the lousy school system, it shouldn't surprise me.

Some just don't seem to understood that crooks are controlling our money, some seem to believe that they are our benefactors..

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Post Likes
    "Income inequality" has been more a result of government rules and regulations that "raise the drawbridge" on opportunities to start a small business... Even to braid hair you have to have a license! Sooo many fees, inspections, rules and interference. Even zoning laws that prohibit home businesses or living in your place of business... THIS is how the elites tamp down the initiative to really get ahead and perhaps compete with the "big boys."

At the heart of it, this is how our new caste system works to keep the proles in their place....
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12