Post Likes

Vermont Castings Gas Fiireplace Help Needed!!!!

Hey there All. This looked like a good spot to hopefully get some help with a big problem I have. I purchased a Vermont Castings Model DVT38S2 and had it in my shop for 6 years. I installed it in my new home and ended up having a couple of parts that need replacing. I am finding out that these parts are discontinued and can't find them anywhere. The first part is the manifold which is part number 20007069. Second part is 20006145 and is a pilot assy. I am just sick about this and am looking for any options or possible someone knows where I could track down the parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My direct email is not allowed to be posted on the open areas of the site.

An Introduction: I own a commercial restaurant equipment business in Lynden, WA and we do a lot of hood installs which I guess is my connection to the HVAC world. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Dad; 11-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Post Likes
    How was it determined these parts need replacement on what is essentially a 'new' fireplace? VT Castings has been bought and sold about 3 times since you bought it. They are now owned by Hearth & Home Technologies. Look for a local Fireside Hearth & Home retail store for support.
    HTH

Post Likes
    Hey there hearthman and thanks for the reply. my buddy, who owns a heating and refrigeration biz informed me that these were the parts that I needed. I think a piece broke off the manifold while converting it from NG to Propane. I'm thinking I can have a machinist fab the part if need be. I don't have a picture of the pilot assy and know nothing about them but wouldn't think they would be that specific? He asked me to try and track down the parts and they are all discontinued from what I am being told. Would love to find an ex-dealer that possibly had the parts on a shelf. Thanks again

I wanted to add a picture of the manifold but couldn't figure it how to download it on here

Post Likes
    You need a minimum number of posts here before you can post pictures. Accumulate that many (it might be six or seven but I'm not sure) and then post a picture or several.

Maybe you are correct and Vermont Castings sourced the parts (rather than custom-made them) that they used from a standard maker, such as Honeywell or Robert-Shaw.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.