Thread: Communist CA

Post Likes

Communist CA

CA has new legislation being introduced in multiple districts that will ban natural gas in new construction. All appliances will be electric. My first thought, with PG&E and their planned outages to prevent fires. CA residents are now going to give up hvac, hot water, cooking food, drying clothes, etc. They're going to lose potential manufacturing business that utilize natural gas in their processing, for the good of the state...
    Second thought. What about upgrades to the power grid and the costs involved? PG&E currently buys 1/3 of their electricity, almost 1/3 is created from natural gas powered plants, almost 1/3 from coal and water, and less than 10% from wind. The quickest way to get the additional electricity for the grid is to buy it. If I was selling my excess electricity to California, you'd better believe it would be at a premium. The second quickest way to generate the power is from natural gas...wouldn't that negate the carbon footprint?

CA believes their legislation will have an effect on the grand scheme of things, I think. Believe man made global warming or not...and I don't, CA is ****ed. The residents should pray the San Andreas Fault drops them into the Pacific before the legislators **** them in the ass.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    I really have no opinion one way or the other... But you peaked my interest... how are California residents giving up hvac, hot water, cooking and drying clothes? I live in Iowa and only have a natural gas water heater and furnace and until a few years ago I was all electric . we cooked and did laundry everyday.. Plus we were always warm and had lots of hot water ...

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk
    trying to organize chaos since 1965

Post Likes
    They are fricking morons!!!!!!!

They have not got enough power for what they have now, what makes them think they can "make" more?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FreddyJ View Post
    I really have no opinion one way or the other... But you peaked my interest... how are California residents giving up hvac, hot water, cooking and drying clothes? I live in Iowa and only have a natural gas water heater and furnace and until a few years ago I was all electric . we cooked and did laundry everyday.. Plus we were always warm and had lots of hot water ...

Im thinking that with the mass planned power outages over the next decade people wont have access to reliable high wattage power sources unless they use diesel generators. They wont be able to use natural gas generators as backup. If they had gas stoves and water heaters they would at least be able to use those without power and a small gasoline generator can run a gas furnace to keep heat in a pinch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    Im thinking that with the mass planned power outages over the next decade people wont have access to reliable high wattage power sources unless they use diesel generators. They wont be able to use natural gas generators as backup. If they had gas stoves and water heaters they would at least be able to use those without power and a small gasoline generator can run a gas furnace to keep heat in a pinch.

Soooo, I'm kinda ignorant to this .. But. Cali is planning mass power outages in the next decade?

in Iowa utility funded wind farms are popping up all over . Plus it seems like everybody is doing solar, both resi and commercial... I'm sure its still a small part of the population.. But its everywhere... All of the electricians have software to show payback and the utilities offer rebates... However they are reducing them as time goes on

Post Likes
    Soooo, I'm kinda ignorant to this .. But. Cali is planning mass power outages in the next decade?

in Iowa utility funded wind farms are popping up all over . Plus it seems like everybody is doing solar, both resi and commercial... I'm sure its still a small part of the population.. But its everywhere... All of the electricians have software to show payback and the utilities offer rebates... However they are reducing them as time goes on

The utility in California, PG&E, was saying that with the current climate models and infrastructure issues they have that they will need to keep shutting off sections of the grid over the next decade to avoid causing wildfires. They may have revised that somewhat but it was mentioned during the latest disruption when 100s of thousands of homes were without power. Its kind of nuts how many issues seem to be cropping up in California recently.

Post Likes
    The utility in California, PG&E, was saying that with the current climate models and infrastructure issues they have that they will need to keep shutting off sections of the grid over the next decade to avoid causing wildfires. They may have revised that somewhat but it was mentioned during the latest disruption when 100s of thousands of homes were without power. Its kind of nuts how many issues seem to be cropping up in California recently.

Holy $#!+... I just googled and there are all kinds of articles with pg&e claiming responsibility for the fires...
    Ugh... I'm just a filter changer .. But wouldn't it be cheaper to fix your junk utility grid.. I would assume if they r taking credit for the fires they are paying out huge claims.. !!!

Post Likes
    Holy $#!+... I just googled and there are all kinds of articles with pg&e claiming responsibility for the fires...
    Ugh... I'm just a filter changer .. But wouldn't it be cheaper to fix your junk utility grid.. I would assume if they r taking credit for the fires they are paying out huge claims.. !!!

The title of this thread says all you need to know about why theyre making poor decisions
    Im not into politics much but it astounds me how blind the lawmakers in California seem to be about reality.

Post Likes
    The title of this thread says all you need to know about why theyre making poor decisions
    Im not into politics much but it astounds me how blind the lawmakers in California seem to be about reality.

Can't see much when you head is up your
    a$$!!!!

Besides, the politicians won't be affected.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Over 700,000 taxpaying citizens left CA last year... More than 50k of them came to NV... Most go to TX and WA... Be prepared for a CA mindset in your home town!
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein