Post Likes

cleaning oil lines on fryer

frymaster m#Fpp235sc
    oil pump over amping. spoke to tech support, told me the lines are getting clogged causing pump to work harder. plan to take it apart and clean out all of the oil supply and return lines soon. Any tips/suggestions?

Post Likes
    They probably filtered with out paper or paper not installed right and crumbs clogged up the lines.

Post Likes
    How old is the fryer? That is a nasty job. Better you than me

Post Likes
    Run some hot water through it. Drain well! First recovery, make sure oil is not 400F so you do not blow it up with a steam explosion. I've done this with my PF90
    A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot.
    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Post Likes
    I had a nightmare one where the filtration bin had tubing that was clogged, I had to drill a hole into the tube and through the carbon blocking it, then weld it back together.

if it's just oil, really hot water should do it, if it's carbon that's stuck, drill bit or something you can run through the tube will be needed.

Post Likes
    Probably too late, but I would start at the pump and impeller.

Post Likes
    Once you get some flow, get a bucket with hot water and a little degreaser, and suck from the bucket and flow it through the lines back into the bucket for as long as it takes.

Post Likes
    Probably too late but that model uses an external style gear driven hydraulic pump that is not designed to pump water. Pretty much every fryer filtration pump shouldn’t be pumping water. Will it pump water? Yes. But as far as hydraulic style pumps go water is considered abrasive enough to damage the gears.

Post Likes
    Add dietary alkali into hot water. And use the hot water to clean. Maybe it will help.

Avan machinery Carl