+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need old cmnetalerttext.properties file from ALC

Post Likes

Need old cmnetalerttext.properties file from ALC

Does anyone have an old legacy alarm file that resolves the legacy alert ID's (A1, A2 etc) to the alarm text for a WebCTRL system? I believe it was named cmnetalerttext.properties, I thought it lived in the root of the WebCTRL job file but I can't find any. This cmnetalerttext.properties file contains the entries from the old sysalarm.txt and zzzalarm.txt files from supervision job files but I think it has a different file format. I just need an example of what that file format looks like so I can make one, thanks.

If you have notes on how to get it to work that would be useful too but I think it was as simple as changing the template to alert auto or similar.

Post Likes
    cmnet_alert_text.properties

# To use this file, assign the alert_auto event template to one or more alarms and specify
    # those alarm's IDs and the alarm text you want to use in the following format:
    # EVENTID.alarmshort=Alarm Short Text.
    # EVENTID.alarmlong=Alarm Long Text--field codes are allowed in short or long text.
    # EVENTID.normalshort=Alarm Return to Normal Short Text.
    # EVENTID.normallong=Alarm Return to Normal Long Text--field codes are allowed in short or long text.
    #
    # WARNING: Alarm IDs in this file are case-sensitive. They must match the case of the alarm ID
    # on the parameter page and in the module. The only exception to this rule is that spaces
    # are not allowed in the Alarm ID. Use an underscore ('_') in place of any spaces in your
    # Alarm ID (ex. MY EVENT on the parameter page becomes MY_EVENT in this file).
    #
    A74.alarmshort=Bad Status on Chiller #6
    A74.alarmlong=Bad Status on Chiller #6
    A74.normalshort=$field_message$ is normal.
    A74.normallong=$field_message$ is normal.

Post Likes
    Thanks, that also explains why I couldn't find anything with search.

Edit, you wouldn't happen to have one with all the normal system alarms in it would you?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in