Post Likes

Continental 96% 2 stage

New Continental (Napolean/wolf steel) 96% 2 stage furnace leaking water, installed last winter, had problem with water leaking after install, tech went and changed collector box and gaskets, it was near end of winter and didnt hear back.
    Last week i get same call with water, found it inside by secondary as you can see in pictures, called tech support and they think its coming from secondary seal and they tell me to send them pics which i did. They email me back saying the furnace serial is from right around the time they changed seals and that i have a furnace with the new seals in them, and the old ones were a different color that they had problems with, so they think its coming from somewhere else (because of course the new seals dont leak they say)
    Well there is no water lines or drains above furnace, no humidifier, and no water problem when ac is running so i think its secondary seal. Has anyone else had this issue?

They say they can send a new furnace that i will have to pay for and they will reimburse me if secondary seal is leaking on this one but if not i dont get anything. And this is obviously a warranty call, so just wondering if anyone has dealt with Napolean/Continental and had these "new seals" leak?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Also I did check for CO and did not get any reading inside the house or the plenum, which i was worried about if the secondary seal was leaking, but i think it still could be leaking water without giving off CO

Post Likes
    Hey mark what did you figure out ? Our company sells napoleon but we have never had this issue. I have had some of the venter motors fail prematurely and some blower motors. I also had them finally admit after an extended period of time that there was a batch released from the factory that was shipped with the wrong high limit. I had problems trying to get them not to go out on high limit but it turns out the high limit sensor was 20 degrees less then it should have been eg. 140 instead of 160 or so on. I also had a problem with a couple of the collector boxes and i actually had one venturi freeze solid on an 80k model because the intake came into the top of them cabinet right on top of the burner box. But i have never seen this. I am interested in finding out what the issue is. To me it looks like the seal on the back of the secondary is leaking. it would be interesting to know if it is putting CO into the living space.

Sorry just read that you already checked that . Let me know what you find out.

Post Likes
    Can you fit a mirror or a camera down there?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Wow, i haven't had that many problems with them, but i did have a callback on ignitors failing which there was a recall on and the tech support said they had a problem with these seals but they changed them and he says we have the new seal. But i actually havent beem back yet. The problem is that i was sub contracted by another company to install the furnace and they won't help him out so i went to take a look but Continental wants me to pay for a new furnace and send the old one back and they will reimburse me if the seal is leaking, but i feel like the company that sold it to him should be dealing with this sort of thing, so im stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    I have been selling Continental for 2 years now and no ventor motor failures and only 1 blower motor so far and about 4 ignitors and 1 collector box, besides those and this issue everything else has been great.

Post Likes
    Ya if i cut the hole open more i should be able to, i havent been back yet