Thread: 2 Stage Reznor

Post Likes

Angry 2 Stage Reznor

Hi,

I own a hot yoga studio. class should be 105 degrees and 50% humidity. The system is made up of a reznor furnace, neptronic humidifier, uv light and ionizer.

The system uses the two stages to reach temp. Once temp is reaches the second stage should drop off, dropping the temp to 103/102 and jumps back on bringing back to 105 and continues to cycle as so. Every once in a while 2 drops off, the thermostat says 2 is coming back on, yet it does not. The temperature drops 15-20 degrees blowing out super cold air, then eventually turns back on, but sometimes does not. I believe it's the thermostat wiring or pressure switch, pretty much everything else has been tested, but am very open to any ideas.

thank you in advance.

Post Likes
    Sounds like it could be a high temperature limit.

The hot yoga studio I work on uses a boiler and hot water coil in the ductwork to get around the high temperature limit issues. That warm/hot of air coming back to a furnace is going to generate a temperature rise on the discharge that is going to very easily exceed the maximum temperature a gas fired unit is designed to operate at.

My question would be: Why, when 2nd stage doesn't fire back up, do you get cold air discharged to the room? Isn't the 1st stage enough to warm the air up sufficiently to not appear "cold"? Does the system have a large outside air supply coming into it and this condition only appears when it gets colder or warmer outside?
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Post Likes
    As site rules prohibit giving advice for DIY, your best bet is to have an HVAC technician examine it.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotyoga View Post
    Hi,

I own a hot yoga studio. class should be 105 degrees and 50% humidity. The system is made up of a reznor furnace, neptronic humidifier, uv light and ionizer.

The system uses the two stages to reach temp. Once temp is reaches the second stage should drop off, dropping the temp to 103/102 and jumps back on bringing back to 105 and continues to cycle as so. Every once in a while 2 drops off, the thermostat says 2 is coming back on, yet it does not. The temperature drops 15-20 degrees blowing out super cold air, then eventually turns back on, but sometimes does not. I believe it's the thermostat wiring or pressure switch, pretty much everything else has been tested, but am very open to any ideas.

thank you in advance.
    Sounds more like guessing!

That unit is not designed for 100F return air
    you need a makeup air unit in that studio

You need an engineering firm and a good Mechanical Contractor!

Post Likes
    That is another thing I considered talked to my hvac about. I had a mechanical engineer design the system and an hvac install neighter are available.
    Most hvac are unfamiliar with hot yoga studios or systems that can get above 105 degrees.

The problem does only happen when the air outside is cold. We have an erv which is bagged but tomorrow Ill be bagging the external exhaust as well.

The problem also only began after an inducer motor was changed. I believe wore were not connected correctly .
    Quote Originally Posted by firecontrol View Post
    Sounds like it could be a high temperature limit.

The hot yoga studio I work on uses a boiler and hot water coil in the ductwork to get around the high temperature limit issues. That warm/hot of air coming back to a furnace is going to generate a temperature rise on the discharge that is going to very easily exceed the maximum temperature a gas fired unit is designed to operate at.

My question would be: Why, when 2nd stage doesn't fire back up, do you get cold air discharged to the room? Isn't the 1st stage enough to warm the air up sufficiently to not appear "cold"? Does the system have a large outside air supply coming into it and this condition only appears when it gets colder or warmer outside?

Post Likes
    This is not do it yourself. My mechanical engineer is in prison, most hvacs have no knowledge of hot yoga studios or systems. After loading 80k w hvaca I am looking for someone more qualified or well versed

Post Likes
    It was actually designed by a mechanical engineer who is unavailable at the moment. Its not guessing, its 6 years of owning a studio and being very heavily involved in the design and mechanics as well as years of dealing w hvacs who do infact guess and cost me a lot of unnecessary money via their guessing

Post Likes
    What's the model number of the Reznor unit? How much airflow was measured, and what is temperature rise? Post pics of unit install and duct system.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas