Post Likes

Confused Fieldpiece SC 420 or Fluke 902+116

i have sc 420
    i also have fluke 902, which i like better, but not sure if i want to spend money on 116
    Fluke 902 doesn't have the megaohm, fieldpiece do have it, so in order to check motors and compressor i need a 116 to complete the set with 902
    decision decision decision.
    what in your toolbox ???

Post Likes
    Testo!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Testo!!!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    LOL
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

4. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I use a dual Fluke setup (322 clamp, 16 DMM). I keep the amp clamp on my belt loop and a pocket of tools for most inspections that Im familiar with. I bring out the bag that has the DMM and otter stuff for the heating season and service calls. I like the dual setup but am looking at updating the meters that I use. It would be nice to have an all in one meter but I dont see that solution available by fluke and it looks like the other brands can be considerably larger making it cumbersome to keep on my belt loop.

Ive tried a selection of brands over the years but havent been able to trust my life with anything other than the Flukes. There may be others out there that are good but Im not willing to spend the money on multiple other brands in search of another that I can find to be as accurate and consistent and indestructible. seriously, they have seen some abuse in my younger years. I cant recall how many times I checked for continuity on a live circuit, just to then switch it to the right mode after realizing why it wasnt working and have it work as if nothing happened ( and that was just the beginning of its life )

Got distracted
    I think my point was that I plan on keeping a dual setup, but not because I prefer it, only because I cant find a fluke clamp meter that offers the accuracy and functions that I need without also getting a DMM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Redfish instruments DVM 550 powered clamp meter

Post Likes
    fluke!! stay away from fieldjunk!!

Post Likes
    i started my career with a fieldpiece that last 7 years so when i need to replace it, i purchased another FP, but it feel cheap, so i got myself a nice Fluke 902 and boy, what a difference. but like i said no megaohm so i need a 116 or, even better a 87, but that's just a dream.

9. Likes CEAS-AC-TECH liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I have a fluke 902.great meter.It is made for HVAC.I use a Fluke 87,if I need good ohm readings.I'm probably going to get the new Redfish DVM 550.How do you compare the redfish meter to the Fluke 902.I also have a few fieldpiece meters.they are good for the money.I have no issues with fieldpiece.Not as good as the Fluke 902,but less expensive.If you have the money the Fluke is the way to go.

Post Likes
    No issues with FP as well
    Just i like and trust Fluke better