Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Likes

Trump Is Destroying The World!

Or at least America.

Last night I heard Bill Mawer's (?) guest say that President Trump is the most dangerous man that's ever been America's President. Which I actually agree with - it's just that EYE view that as being very positive. <g>

But anyway:

The Media says:

Bad Times! Turmoil! Trouble! Everything is Awful! Trump is destroying the world!

And if you read their ‘news’ - he must be.

But if you look at American people’s Lives and the Economy in general - things seem (to me; just some NJ Dumas) pretty good. For one thing, after many years of laying low, The Consumer has finally decided to loosen up a bit - which are signs of a broad optimism that the media is pretending to be blind to. (Nobody is That stupid. <g>)

Some old guy in Omaha once stated that the stock market is a constant-voting-machine: it casts a vote on stocks every day; yours and mine. And so apparently still: this, longest bull market in history, still lives on. So for right now; I would stay tuned but stay relaxed.

I hear all the time that Trump is ruining everything - it’s all disastrous.
    So either the biggest voter block in the world - the US stock market - is wrong.
    Or . . . . the media is wrong.

Want to see ‘just the facts maam’ ?

2019 year-to-date -

NASDAQ........+27% - lead by the usual suspects - not a broad rally
    SPX.................+22% - even this good performer has been somewhat picky
    Utilities...........+21% - money scorches the earth seeking out yields
    SPX/Mid.........+19% - another index that has been somewhat picky
    Russell 2000...+17% - lagged a bit - but not all that bad
    Transports......+17% - would be better but the airlines have been a drag
    NYSE/Comp...+16% - only because so many old standards are having a bad year
    Small-Cap.......+16% - when the worst laggard Index is up 16% YTD - that's pretty darned amazing.

The media financial geniuses would have to call me crazy I guess - but the above are Just The Facts stated in plain language. I guess my lack of an agenda does sort of skew my view though. <g>

Why isn’t there a headline, at least one, somewhere . . . . that says:

THIS IS A HUGE BULL-MARKET AND THINGS LOOK AMAZING”

Seen any headlines like that? When was the last time? Can you list any since, say; 2016 ? <g>

Just this past Thursday the DJ Transports got back above their recent highs. Prices increase because new money enters the Market. New Money enters the Market when it has the confidence of profiting by the move.

The Wilshire 5000 - the world's biggest index - makes new all time highs with around $33 Trillion and counting. That is up about 33% since the Bad Orange Man was elected.

There’s the Fact - where’s the Headline? <g>
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    Or at least America.

Last night I heard Bill Mawer's (?) guest say that President Trump is the most dangerous man that's ever been America's President. Which I actually agree with - it's just that EYE view that as being very positive. <g>

But anyway:

The Media says:

Bad Times! Turmoil! Trouble! Everything is Awful! Trump is destroying the world!

And if you read their ‘news’ - he must be.

But if you look at American people’s Lives and the Economy in general - things seem (to me; just some NJ Dumas) pretty good. For one thing, after many years of laying low, The Consumer has finally decided to loosen up a bit - which are signs of a broad optimism that the media is pretending to be blind to. (Nobody is That stupid. <g>)

Some old guy in Omaha once stated that the stock market is a constant-voting-machine: it casts a vote on stocks every day; yours and mine. And so apparently still: this, longest bull market in history, still lives on. So for right now; I would stay tuned but stay relaxed.

I hear all the time that Trump is ruining everything - it’s all disastrous.
    So either the biggest voter block in the world - the US stock market - is wrong.
    Or . . . . the media is wrong.

Want to see ‘just the facts maam’ ?

2019 year-to-date -

NASDAQ........+27% - lead by the usual suspects - not a broad rally
    SPX.................+22% - even this good performer has been somewhat picky
    Utilities...........+21% - money scorches the earth seeking out yields
    SPX/Mid.........+19% - another index that has been somewhat picky
    Russell 2000...+17% - lagged a bit - but not all that bad
    Transports......+17% - would be better but the airlines have been a drag
    NYSE/Comp...+16% - only because so many old standards are having a bad year
    Small-Cap.......+16% - when the worst laggard Index is up 16% YTD - that's pretty darned amazing.

The media financial geniuses would have to call me crazy I guess - but the above are Just The Facts stated in plain language. I guess my lack of an agenda does sort of skew my view though. <g>

Why isn’t there a headline, at least one, somewhere . . . . that says:

THIS IS A HUGE BULL-MARKET AND THINGS LOOK AMAZING”

Seen any headlines like that? When was the last time? Can you list any since, say; 2016 ? <g>

Just this past Thursday the DJ Transports got back above their recent highs. Prices increase because new money enters the Market. New Money enters the Market when it has the confidence of profiting by the move.

The Wilshire 5000 - the world's biggest index - makes new all time highs with around $33 Trillion and counting. That is up about 33% since the Bad Orange Man was elected.

There’s the Fact - where’s the Headline? <g>
    Yeah Mikey, Trump is destroying the communist deepstate and causing problems for communists around the world.

The communist Democrats were about to destroy America under Hillary but Trump upset their plans.

If they win this time in 2020 we are doomed IMHO. Might as well lower our flag for the last 'time.

The communist Democrats will completely destroy freedom in America and the rest of the free world world is doomed.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Funny thing is when someone says Trump is ruining America, then when you ask for specifics, they can't give you an answer. There's an extended family member who stated Trump was ruining America. This was at a table of ten or more. So I asked her what she was talking about. She just stammered. I couldn't help but laugh at her. I told her to stop watching the news on television.

Told her that as a group, the democrats had to be the most stupid people out there. Now keep in mind, probably over 2/3's of the people at that table vote democrat.

Anyway, that was a couple of years ago, and she hasn't looked me in the eye since. No matter, I always thought she was an odd one.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Funny thing is when someone says Trump is ruining America, then when you ask for specifics, they can't give you an answer. There's an extended family member who stated Trump was ruining America. This was at a table of ten or more. So I asked her what she was talking about. She just stammered. ...

I hate shopping, wife is disabled, & to make the task more enjoyable I've been wearing mostly two t-shirts. Love watching people's reactions especially regressive's.

Last Friday in crowded Costco an elderly woman saw me in my 'Make Liberals Cry Again' & she started laughing. Teasing her I asked what's so funny. She said she loved my shirt & asked if she could take a picture to show her husband as he would love it. After small talk & the photo she got serious. She said her daughter & husband were liberals & because of Trump she stopped talking to her. Her daughter also cut off her from seeing her grandchildren. She almost began to cry.

The 'tolerant' regressives are the most intolerant people I've had the displeasure meeting. The 'tolerant' left has called me the most horrendous names they can think of. The DummycRATS are eagerly tearing our nation apart just to wrap their soft flabby pink fingers around power.

The DummycRAT Party that founded the KKK remain to this day the party of hatred, ignorance & division.
    Last edited by biodieselman; 11-09-2019 at 02:55 PM.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

5. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post
    I hate shopping, wife is disabled, & to make the task more enjoyable I've been wearing mostly two t-shirts. Love watching people's reactions especially regressive's.

Last Friday in crowded Costco an elderly woman saw me in my 'Make Liberals Cry Again' & she started laughing. Teasing her I asked what's so funny. She said she loved my shirt & asked if she could take a picture to show her husband as he lould love it. After small talk & the photo she got serious. She said her daughter & husband were liberals & because of Trump she stopped talking to her. Her daughter also cut off her from seeing her grandchildren. She almost began to cry.

The 'tolerant' regressives are the most intolerant people I've had the displeasure meeting. The 'tolerant' left has called me the most horrendous names they can think of. The DummycRATS are eagerly tearing our nation apart just to wrap their soft flabby pink fingers around power.

The DummycRAT Party that founded the KKK remain to this day the party of hatred, ignorance & division.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

Post Likes
    Just think about this.

Imagine a country where the president has been fined 2 million dollars for stealing from charities and no one seems to notice or care.

You live there.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Just think about this.

Imagine a country where the president has been fined 2 million dollars for stealing from charities and no one seems to notice or care.

You live there.
    What's this, the latest news from Mexico or Venezuela? When did you relocate?
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

Post Likes
    How about some guy born in Kenya, becoming president of the USA. With almost zero funds to his name, now worth something like $2,000,000 ?

How many houses does obummer have now, LOL . . .

Post Likes
    How about some guy born in Kenya, becoming president of the USA. With almost zero funds to his name, now worth something like $2,000,000 ?

Yeah, the ultimate foreign scammer who became president using a fake Social Security number and forged birth certificate.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

11. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    D'oh !!

Post Likes
    You left out two of the zeros - Obama is pushing $200,000,000. And . . . . apparently from pretty close to nothing. Ain't America great?

Although; isn't it odd that every elected official always seems to do much better than the vast majority of their constituents ever do?

PHM
    -------

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Just think about this.

You live there.

Just think about this.

Imagine a country where half so despises the other half, so consumed with bitter hatred, they are willing to lie, make up fake crimes...

and the left doesn't seem to care if it's all lies, fake fabricated crimes from whole cloth...

just as long as the President the other half voted for is destroyed.

You live there.

Thought you might enjoy this one Mikey.

"Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

15. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Plus; your dog and your mom both come back to life while a far away train whistle is sounding in reverse in the background!

Quote Originally Posted by biodieselman View Post

Thought you might enjoy this one Mikey.

PHM
    --------

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast