Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

48HC Carrier Comfort Link

Hi Guys! Looking for some help from you ComfortLink Experts.

We installed a 48HC 25-ton gas electric package unit. The system ran great for 3 weeks and now it is throwing the following codes.

A163 and A133. From what I have read that is low pressure failure.

If we get there and the system is low on refrigerant I understand the issue. But what if we get there tonight and the system is not low on refrigerant? Any experience with this?

Thank you for the help guys!

Post Likes
    163 is a general failure alarm letting you know its locked out. T133 is the pressure lockout. Make sure the parameters for fan proof are set up correctly and setup to shut down the unit on fan failure, which is normally off.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    163 is a general failure alarm letting you know its locked out. T133 is the pressure lockout. Make sure the parameters for fan proof are set up correctly and setup to shut down the unit on fan failure, which is normally off.

Any chance you can give me a little information on how to do that? Comfort link is a new product for us. Is that essentially just making sure that it doesn’t shut down when the temp outside is low?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HE>I View Post
    Any chance you can give me a little information on how to do that? Comfort link is a new product for us. Is that essentially just making sure that it doesn’t shut down when the temp outside is low?
    Being that its new to you all I suggest getting the ops manual out of the unit and read it completely. That comfortlink is one of the easiest to work with once you run through the menu. Or you can just google carrier comfortlink and view the pdf. Once you read it you'll be better off.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CEAS-AC-TECH View Post
    Being that its new to you all I suggest getting the ops manual out of the unit and read it completely. That comfortlink is one of the easiest to work with once you run through the menu. Or you can just google carrier comfortlink and view the pdf. Once you read it you'll be better off.

Understood. I will get it downloaded

Post Likes
    It will be worth your time. The fan failure proves that the indoor fan is running. By default fan failure shutdown is disabled so the compressors could run without the fan causing low suction pressure, temperature alarms

Post Likes
    Understood. I will get it downloaded
    Btw

Isn't it time to apply for pro membership?

Post Likes
    Btw

Isn't it time to apply for pro membership?

Yes sir! I am looking into it

Also, have you had this problem before on a new unit? The ambient temp gets down to about 55° and they may be trying to run it.

Post Likes
    Yes sir! I am looking into it

Also, have you had this problem before on a new unit? The ambient temp gets down to about 55° and they may be trying to run it.
    No because I am always the one to set it up unless carrier comes out for the start-up. Is the unit equipped with an economizer? If so you can utilize free Cooling at say 63 to 65 degrees blow that could be free Cooling.

Post Likes
    No because I am always the one to set it up unless carrier comes out for the start-up. Is the unit equipped with an economizer? If so you can utilize free Cooling at say 63 to 65 degrees blow that could be free Cooling.

It is equipped with an economizer. From what I saw it looks like the actuator is hard wired in. Like the plug was bypassed

Post Likes
    It is equipped with an economizer. From what I saw it looks like the actuator is hard wired in. Like the plug was bypassed
    Interesting. Pics?

Btw all you lurking techs step up and in... Lol

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Interesting. Pics?

Btw all you lurking techs step up and in... Lol

No pics! I’m going to head out there tomorrow morning to give this thing a go. I’ll grab some.

Do you have a routine for basic start up? Or is running through the manual the only way to go? Reading through all 144 pages of it now!

Ghost followers are a must on this thing haha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast