Post Likes

How to find a packaged unit to house rain shield/shroud installer

Hi. I'm in the Chattanooga area (in case someone needs to ask) and have installed a packaged unit. The old rain shroud was junk and I disposed, and I'd prefer to just hire this out, or if if there's an online service I can order the custom piece I can do that.

Can someone either recommend what I would search for for that kind of work, or is there a place to order this kind of thing? Given the custom nature of this kind of work I imagine it'd be best to have a professional, but not sure where to start. The obvious answer is probably any HVAC contractor, but the few I've called they're only interested in whole installs or problem diagnosis.

I can build it with marine grade plywood, but would rather have galvanized sheetmetal.

Thanks in advance.

Post Likes
    You need an HVAC duct company..then can fabricate something out of sheet metal

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Is this just an open sided shed over the unit? I would imagine any sheetmetal company could fabricate it for you. Just remember most units require a MINIMUM 5' of overhead clearance to prevent air recirculation. I'd recommend more, dont like doing minimums. Why a rain shield though, these are designed to be exposed to the weather?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Makeitcold View Post
    Is this just an open sided shed over the unit? I would imagine any sheetmetal company could fabricate it for you. Just remember most units require a MINIMUM 5' of overhead clearance to prevent air recirculation. I'd recommend more, dont like doing minimums. Why a rain shield though, these are designed to be exposed to the weather?
    No, this is the outside transition shroud that goes over the supply and return that connect the outside packaged unit to the base of the house. Thanks.

Post Likes

You want a doghouse....
    Make a pattern and find a metal shop.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Post Likes
    Recommend having your static pressure measured and any duct sizing changes done first, most equipment is oversized for the home with ducting to small for the unit. Old equipment could usually handle the abuse but new equipment needs to breathe