Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

This holiday season

This will be the first holiday season without my Mom here to celebrate it with. Not feeling up to celebrating really. The holidays will always be a constant reminder that she was the backbone of the family... she was Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years...loved to cook and made wonderful meals. Always smiling and never in a bad mood...and she never took any happy pills until the very end.

If your Moms are still here, give them a hug for me too this Christmas season.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Likes
    I'm going through the same thing.

It's tough, for sure!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I'm going through the same thing.

It's tough, for sure!!!
    Sorry man...it is the sucks.

Post Likes
    Condolences guys! Missing someone as much as you do, shows how great they really were , and how lucky you were to have them in your life as long as you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You have the deep and lasting benefits of a long series of positive loving experiences with your mother. And you should savor and make the most joy of them. At the holidays; sure, and maybe especially - but all the rest of your time as well. Your mother is not completely, or even mostly, gone - on the contrary; You and Your Life and your Memories are her immortality.

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    This will be the first holiday season without my Mom here to celebrate it with. Not feeling up to celebrating really. The holidays will always be a constant reminder that she was the backbone of the family... she was Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years...loved to cook and made wonderful meals. Always smiling and never in a bad mood...and she never took any happy pills until the very end.

If your Moms are still here, give them a hug for me too this Christmas season.

[IMG][/IMG]
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    So true Mikey!

Post Likes
    Getting close to the end for my folks too. Cherish your memories.

And...get a big fat turkey. Keep the holidays a big event.

Post Likes
    Keep the memories alive. I always get a smile thinking about the Christmas tree hunts we would go on. Show up at the ranger station get the permit and start the hunt. Down a muddy road with mom looking for THE ONE. She didn’t want a perfect tree needed to be twisted , holes or bent. Find it cut it down and then drag it back to the Travelall most of the time the tree was bigger then the truck, didn’t matter up on the roof it went. We would pile back in the truck , wet smelly dog included, get stuck in mud or snow and mom was right there digging out a wheel or pushing with a smile.
    After dad passed she settled on a Christmas branch that hung from a corner of the pool table room. It stayed up all year with out decorations till thanksgiving. Then the homemade decorations came out along with anything southwest related. None of it matched but she loved it. I am sitting in the corner of that room writing this with a tear and smile.
    Keep the memories alive and she will live forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I feel for you. Almost lost mom a couple months ago. She was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer back in April. Almost died from a sepsis infection from the chemo tube 3 months ago. She finally made it home last week after being hospitalized for the past 3 months. Needless to say, she said she would rather have the cancer kill her than the doctors and has ceased the remainder of the chemo treatments. She may or may not be cancer free, we won't know for a few more weeks.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    My Mom went 'home' in 1990... Dad 'joined' her in 2012...

Yes, definitely, keep the memories alive.

My brother and I usually spend the holidays at a 'family' party... translate that:
    My brothers wife's family (not his kids)...
    Most of them are milling around getting into all kinds of thins...
    Brother and I are sitting off to the side in front of the fireplace (I tend the fire) and talking...
    The last few years... remembering holidays in years (decades) past.

Thankfully... Dad was always popping up with a camera getting pics...
    So there are lots of albums to look at and remember!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    This will be the first holiday season without my Mom here to celebrate it with. Not feeling up to celebrating really. The holidays will always be a constant reminder that she was the backbone of the family...
    My condolences sir. Could offer platitudes but I'm sure you've heard them all. Could say the grief will ease with time... it will.

Both parents passed years ago & my experience is that the mourning does ease with time but something will trigger a memory or after enough time an event happens & you'll think I need to tell Mom & grief returns. But rest assured time will ease your sorrow.
    "Here's to you and here's to me,
    Friends may we always be!
    But, if by chance we disagree,
    Up yours! Here's to me!"

Post Likes
    Sorry for your loss cool. Your mom was a beautiful lady. You have my condolences. May she rest in peace.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Went to Cvs today. Shelves are nothing but Christmas stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast