Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Thanks Bob! I will pass along this information. I also messaged harvey ramer on fb and asked him for the link to that article and he sent it to me.
    I'll post it here incase anyone else stumbles on this thread with the same issue:
    https://www.phcppros.com/articles/1507-banging-pipes

Post Likes
    What's the cold pressure on the boiler? The gauge is underneath, on the bottom of the boiler.
    Bob Boan

​You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobboan View Post
    What's the cold pressure on the boiler? The gauge is underneath, on the bottom of the boiler.
    bob, its 16 when it was not running (ie. no zones calling). It when up to 18 when i turned a zone on.

Post Likes
    Bob, you mentioned boilers running at 150 degrees or less. what should ours be set to? i think it runs at 175 or 180. ill check the display after it heats up again... but i know its at least 175.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crae View Post
    Bob, you mentioned boilers running at 150 degrees or less. what should ours be set to? i think it runs at 175 or 180. ill check the display after it heats up again... but i know its at least 175.
    That's gonna depend upon the type of radiation that you have and what SWT it was designed to operate at. The boiler has ODR which will vary the SWT based upon ODT.
    Bob Boan

​You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12