Post Likes

fireplace LEAPS into operation

When I turn on my fireplace I have a small explosion. The pilot is located on the extreme right near the valve. Most of the gas seems to come out near the middle of a single pipe so a lot of gas comes out before it notices there is a flame (pilot) and ignites. As far as I can remember it has always operated this way, but since I lit a neighbors unit and her's came on with a whimper since gas came out under the pilot, I am trying to figure out if there is some way to fix this. Maybe there are holes in the pipe on the right side that are blocked but it will probably take a disassembly to find out. Maybe I am answering my own question, but maybe someone has a better suggestion.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggb View Post
    When I turn on my fireplace I have a small explosion. The pilot is located on the extreme right near the valve. Most of the gas seems to come out near the middle of a single pipe so a lot of gas comes out before it notices there is a flame (pilot) and ignites. As far as I can remember it has always operated this way, but since I lit a neighbors unit and her's came on with a whimper since gas came out under the pilot, I am trying to figure out if there is some way to fix this. Maybe there are holes in the pipe on the right side that are blocked but it will probably take a disassembly to find out. Maybe I am answering my own question, but maybe someone has a better suggestion.
    Forum rules specify we can’t advise DIY instructions on how to fix your problem. We can say that it doesn’t sound like its operating correctly and it sounds like it could benefit from having a service preformed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggb View Post
    SHUT IT DOWN!

Get the Find the manufactures data tag call them and get a qualified tech on site!

Do NOT use the fireplace!

Post Likes
    Shut it down at once! Delayed ignition is dangerous to say the least. Many possible causes so get a pro in there qualified to service gas hearth appliances.