+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to search on this website

Post Likes

how to search on this website

The search engine on this website is very weak bordering on useless. I search for "combustion analyzer" and get a reply like "search terms too complicated" or "too many words" which is not a whole lot of help.

On many other forums I am able to use google to search by searching for {"search term" site:"websiteurl"} and google scours the website and returns valid information. That does not work on this website.

Am I missing something or should I just limit my searches to more simple terms.

Thank you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Thermo View Post
    The search engine on this website is very weak bordering on useless. I search for "combustion analyzer" and get a reply like "search terms too complicated" or "too many words" which is not a whole lot of help.

On many other forums I am able to use google to search by searching for {"search term" site:"websiteurl"} and google scours the website and returns valid information. That does not work on this website.

Am I missing something or should I just limit my searches to more simple terms.

Thank you.
    To get decent search results on this site I always use the advanced search, which is in the second blue navigation bar (under the logo). The advanced search has two tabs, one for single content type and another for multiple content type. For your "combustion analyzer" search I used the multiple content type tab and entered your keywords without the " ". I got dozens of relevant hits.

Name:  Htalk Search Combustion Analyzer.jpg
Views: 977
Size:  98.3 KB

As for Google Search, you can use it on this site, however their search engines don't have access to our closed forums, which is why you may not get the results you expect.

A handy way to do a Google Search on HVAC-Talk is to enter site:hvac-talk.com before your keywords and get results like this:

Name:  Htalk Site Google Search.png
Views: 1024
Size:  182.1 KB

3. Likes Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Thank you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in