Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    When I replaced draft motor on this I noticed you could see into the burner box under the HSI mount

Its missing the bottom bolt on the ignitor because its rusted out ? , and whoever swapped HSI drove a self tap screw directly under the big hole where the bolt used to go, so a tiny blue flame comes out the hole

Can you replace that backing plate ?
    Yes, the burner plates are a separate item. Have replaced a few of them myself. Easy task!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapperhead View Post
    When I replaced draft motor on this I noticed you could see into the burner box under the HSI mount

Its missing the bottom bolt on the ignitor because its rusted out ? , and whoever swapped HSI drove a self tap screw directly under the big hole where the bolt used to go, so a tiny blue flame comes out the hole

Can you replace that backing plate ?
    Yes, the burner plate is replaceable and if there is a flame coming out, it would be a good idea to replace it.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdevries View Post
    Something I have bumped into a few times early in the season is spider webs in the orifice of the gas inlet on the inducer. You will smell gas but it’s not enough to ignite and if it does it’s just for a second or 2. Also if that screen after the inducer at the heat exchanger gets dirty that can cause some issues. Good luck keep us posted.
    FYI, Voyager burners are not induced draft, they are forced draft/combustion blowers.

Post Likes
    Hot surf ignitor was installed incorrectly, not sensing flame. Bolts had broken off so clip had no where to clip to so someone installed the ignitor vertically. Ignitor must be in horizontal to sense flame. Installed new bolts for the spring clip to secure ignitor correctly

Post Likes
    Ignitor must be horizontal and spring clip must hold it in place. Flame sensor should read 4 v DC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123