Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    Exactly my thought. MAPP gas torch keep it moving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was told as a young tech not to use a torch by an old, real old, tech engineer who said it can break down the refrigerant if you got it too hot in one area. Don't know but never questioned it comming from a guy who designed the cooling systems on Boeing B52's, B47's etc. Those wraps really come in handy when recovering for a compressor change in the winter wrapped around a compressor or accumulator.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by theoldscroll View Post
    I was told as a young tech not to use a torch by an old, real old, tech engineer who said it can break down the refrigerant if you got it too hot in one area. Don't know but never questioned it comming from a guy who designed the cooling systems on Boeing B52's, B47's etc. Those wraps really come in handy when recovering for a compressor change in the winter wrapped around a compressor or accumulator.
    Caution MUST be taken when using a torch but is is done. Ever torch a receiver to see its level?

Post Likes
    I use mine all the time. Even in the summer.

Wrap the tank with the heater. Come back in 5mins and the gas will be in the unit.

Nice to have for recovery or vacuum as well. Wrap compressor sumps, accumulators, receivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Funny where this thread is going. I havent got mine yet. But, I threw a tank in the floorboards and turned the heat on this morning. Then, when I got the customers house, I got the strip heat going and I threw the tank on top of a register. Turned cooling on to draw the refrigerant in, and that crap ran in quickly and smoothly. Time for that blanket .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12