Post Likes

Hot Gas Bypass On Continuously

We are running chillers at a very low chilled water set point of 31 degrees. This I believe is causing the suction pressure to drop very low and send out warnings and faults. Hot gas bypass is on continuously.
    Question; if HGBP is continuously on non stop, can this damage the compressors or cause other problems. Appreciate any knowledgeable replies. Thanks!

Post Likes
    Its on because its doing its job. Maintaining a minimum suction pressure.

You left out the part about running the chiller 12* below design!

Post Likes
    Yea...your right. Just wondering if it can cause damage by being continuously on. I know it will effect oil return but is that all?

Post Likes
    What is the application? What Chiller is it? It's possible that there are numerous settings to change.
    And as pecmsg said, it may be operating far outside its design.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Hey icy78, these chillers are at the Kennedy Space Center. Yes, they are running them out of their design limit. CW set point should be 37 to 44F. They're being ran for a test at 31F. HGBP always on. I'm afraid that oil return will be compromised. All are under test now but still holding 30 to 31 degrees. ECW and LCW is 35 - 31.

Post Likes
    Contact the manufacturer not anybody on the Internet.

Look at it this way, when they fail you know who to blame!

Post Likes
    LOL. That's exactly what I've been telling them and they look at me like I'm the enemy or something. Good one pecmsg!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly56 View Post
    LOL. That's exactly what I've been telling them and they look at me like I'm the enemy or something. Good one pecmsg!!
    I've had first hand experience with these alleged Rocket Scientist's that left NASA and moved to Plumb Island! Not very impressed with the knowledge level after all that education. Guess they don't teach common sense in those schools!

Post Likes
    Correct. I'm close to retirement finally and I have to admit that dealing with this type of mentality in general is quite profound. I'd say more but I have to leave it at that!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I've had first hand experience with these alleged Rocket Scientist's that left NASA and moved to Plumb Island! Not very impressed with the knowledge level after all that education. Guess they don't teach common sense in those schools!
    I left P I So I Don't care!

Its your Tax $'s being wasted by "No ones accountable"