Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes

New Bosch HeatPump install

I just had a new Bosch Heat pump installed and have few questions.

Condenser - BOVA36HDN1-M18M
    Air Handler - BVA24WN1-M18B
    Thermostat - Honeywell T6 Pro

I live in Central PA, ranch style house about 1200SF. The heat pump runs about every 10 minutes and then shuts off for about 10 minutes then starts running again. It does this all day and I was told this is normal. I have the thermostat set at 69 when I'm home and 65 when away. When I'm home it stays at 69 and I never see it drop below that so why is it turning on and running every 10 minutes?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrellydw View Post
    I just had a new Bosch Heat pump installed and have few questions.

Condenser - BOVA36HDN1-M18M
    Air Handler - BVA24WN1-M18B
    Thermostat - Honeywell T6 Pro

I live in Central PA, ranch style house about 1200SF. The heat pump runs about every 10 minutes and then shuts off for about 10 minutes then starts running again. It does this all day and I was told this is normal. I have the thermostat set at 69 when I'm home and 65 when away. When I'm home it stays at 69 and I never see it drop below that so why is it turning on and running every 10 minutes?

Thanks
    Your running at 3 cycles per hour, which would be normal for that thermostat.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Your running at 3 cycles per hour, which would be normal for that thermostat.
    So what’s the point of that? Why does it run if the temperature hasn’t dropped?

Post Likes
    The temp drops a little, just the thermostat is programed not to show it. It keeps the temp with in 1 degree of set temp.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Oh ok. My other thermostats would allow it to drop 2 degrees before it would kick on. Is there away to change that or is it not recommended? Also the end of the month I’m getting my attic air sealed and insulation added so that might help it.
    Last edited by squirrellydw; 11-06-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Add something

Post Likes
    Oh ok. My other thermostats would allow it to drop 2 degrees before it would kick on. Is there away to change that or is it not recommended? Also the end of the month I’m getting my attic air sealed and insulation added so that might help it.
    Was that considered when they sized that unit?

3-Tons for 1200 Sq Ft is a lot of capacity!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Was that considered when they sized that unit?

3-Tons for 1200 Sq Ft is a lot of capacity!
    I think its running as a 2 or 2.5 ton. The Bosch a dip switches that limit how it runs from what I understand

Post Likes
    I think its running as a 2 or 2.5 ton. The Bosch a dip switches that limit how it runs from what I understand
    It needs to operate a 1 or 1 1/2-Tons in cool mode

that's why its cycling!

Post Likes
    Well the lowest it can go to is 2 ton, any idea how I can verify if it running in 2 ton mode? What dip switches/jumpers I need to look at?

Post Likes
    Your other thermostat is most likely not a Honeywell. On Honeywell thermostats, internally it actually reads in tenths of a degree but only shows full degrees.

So if you have it set for say 70 degrees when it gets down to 70.2 (internally) or so, it kicks on. When it gets up to 70.8 it kicks off (this is in heat mode). I am not totally certain on the exact numbers for on and off, that should explain it well enough to understand how it is operating.

Honeywell thermostats maintain one degree differential. A lot of others don't.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Post Likes
    ok so you think its ok then? The installer also said it was normal, just never had one operate like this before and just wanted to make sure.

Post Likes
    Leave it be. It works in cooling or heat correct? If it ain't broke...

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well the lowest it can go to is 2 ton, any idea how I can verify if it running in 2 ton mode? What dip switches/jumpers I need to look at?
    That dip switch is in the outdoor unit and you should have your installer verify that. If you touch it you could void the warrantee. So call your installer.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast