Post Likes

W1 / W2 ... 2 Stage or single

My furnace is ICP model MF08B1500A3. Is this single stage or 2 stage furnace? At furnace the white wire is connected to W2 and a jumper to W1 from W2.

Post Likes
    Well it sure sounds like it. Looks like someone wasn't concerned about that.

3. Likes armandomartinez liked this post
    Post Likes
    Ok. I'm upgrading old tstat to Honeywell Lyric T5. I have Y, G, C, W, R wires at Tstat. There was a jumper cable in old Tstat as well. Unfortunately It is removed and I'm not sure which terminals it was connecting in Tstat. I assume it would be same as the furnace W1 & W2. T5 smart tstat will not accept any jumper cables. So my question is should I connect the W wire to W1 or W2 in new Tstat. Or should I remove the jumper from the furnace and add a seaprate wire at W1 furnace.

Post Likes
    It doesn't appear that your new stat is 2 stage from what you have described.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    It doesn't appear that your new stat is 2 stage from what you have described.
    Lyric T5 can be setup with 2 stage. I attached my furnance wiring pic and T5 stat wiring picture. So if at furnace white wire goes to W2 and jumper to W1 from W2 then in stat wire goes in to W or W2? Or it does not matter. Or I should remove jumper and run another wire so that I ll have W1 W2 wires at the stat.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Thanks for thebhelp VTP99. I ll add another wire.

Post Likes
    Can you tell by looking at the information on the attached picture if it is indeed 2 stages furnance?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Sounds DIY

10. Likes thatguy liked this post
    Post Likes
    Call a HVAC company, ask for a seasoned Tech. good at low voltage troubleshooting. Ask that person what size heater element you have as one question, then have that person mark it as it says to do that. Probably can tell you what’s the skinny in a one hour labor fee, plus trip charge and labor tax, what you have.
    Last edited by Bazooka Joey; 11-05-2019 at 11:46 PM.

Post Likes
    Sorry, this is not a DIY site.

Thread closed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?