Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I have not had any problems using them on gas furnaces only heat pumps.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Picked up another T6 for truck stock earlier this week. Was curious, so just checked. Series 4.

No series 5 yet.
    Had any issues? I had a couple heat pumps that stopped working for no reason in the last couple weeks that were T6 series 4. I found nothing wrong when I was there.

Post Likes
    Not until I read this thread, LOL.

Posted it much earlier in the thread, had two go bad within something like a week of each other. One got some sort of bleed on the LCD screen and locked itself out. The replacement stat I picked up had major bleed on the screen, brand new out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlerberts-Protege View Post
    Had any issues? I had a couple heat pumps that stopped working for no reason in the last couple weeks that were T6 series 4. I found nothing wrong when I was there.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

Post Likes
    I had one a while back that wouldnt turn cooling on. Everything else worked but cool. Our guys have had a few bad ones... weird voltages... shorting out internally.

Local supply house has a 2 by 2 by 2 cardboard full of them that have been turned in for warranty.

Ive noticed a lot more problems with honeywell stats. Ive replaced a few 9000s , seen 5000s being returned.

Its sad that you cant even trust a honeywell stat now. Got a 9000 now.... turns pink every night and turns itself off... think it might be a reason for that.... like getting an update... but it turns itself off according to the cust.

Probably be replacing it this week.

Had an 8000 a while back.... sitting on the sub base it run the heat continuously. OFF, COOL didnt matter .. as long as it was on the wall the heat would run.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I had one a while back that wouldnt turn cooling on. Everything else worked but cool. Our guys have had a few bad ones... weird voltages... shorting out internally.

Local supply house has a 2 by 2 by 2 cardboard full of them that have been turned in for warranty.

Ive noticed a lot more problems with honeywell stats. Ive replaced a few 9000s , seen 5000s being returned.

Its sad that you cant even trust a honeywell stat now. Got a 9000 now.... turns pink every night and turns itself off... think it might be a reason for that.... like getting an update... but it turns itself off according to the cust.

Probably be replacing it this week.

Had an 8000 a while back.... sitting on the sub base it run the heat continuously. OFF, COOL didnt matter .. as long as it was on the wall the heat would run.
    sounds like the t8200 chronotherm from years ago.

Post Likes
    Wait for the series 6 thermostats, which were all manufactured within the last week or two.

Series 5 thermostats are still having problems.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    We can still get the focus pro's but we don't stock them.

Just because HW/Resideo is having a bad run within a certain run of date codes, of a specific model T6, on a specific application, is no reason to condemn an entire line of thermostats.

Siemens has some nice alternatives to Honeywell's residential/light commercial line but they are not cheap The RDY and RDS series stats. I have an RDY in my home and it has been flawless. The Siemens stats are 24v. No battery power so a common is necessary.
    i just purchased a couple of Emerson/white rogers T80 2h1c and 1h1c
    wanna give them a try, what do you think about them ?
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AIRCON8 View Post
    i just purchased a couple of Emerson/white rogers T80 2h1c and 1h1c
    wanna give them a try, what do you think about them ?
    I've sold 2 of them in the last 12 months and both were in the last 30 days, to the same contractor.
    Honestly, I hear very few complaints about HW thermostats. Mind you, aside from the high rises in Chicago, heat pumps are not common in IL. Aside from a few zone valves, I've never had a WR product returned for warranty. I have a few HW products returned weekly/monthly. Most are actuators, very few are thermostats. I probably sell 30/1 Honeywell/WR when it comes to thermostats.
    Take note, I sell to commercial/industrial contractors. That market is completely different than residential.
    I'm not defending HW, just not throwing them under the bus.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    I probably install 15 thermostats a year and had 2 fail. One, which was on a Rheem heat pump, failed within 3 days. The new one has been in 4 months and still working. Also I had one failed in 8 months on a Trane Gas Pack.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shellkamp View Post
    Wait for the series 6 thermostats, which were all manufactured within the last week or two.

Series 5 thermostats are still having problems.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I have also had a couple of series 5 fail. Had one fail closed which I didn't think could happen.

Post Likes
    never had an issue with the t6 we started installing them this year.

Post Likes
    We have been using the T6 for the past 2 years and have had a few problems with the ones used for heat pumps. Not many issues on conventional systems. Recently however, we have had a rash of failures, 4 this week that are sending 18 - 20 volts out on the O terminal during heating mode, which is sometimes enough to energize the reversing valve into cooling mode and then the aux heat comes on while the heat pump is running in cooling. Not good. Honeywell tech no help. We have NOT connected the W terminal, which will somehow back feed the O terminal and cause issues. The first clue the owner gets is a horrible electric bill, which they want us to pay because we installed this stat. We also don't like that these stats do not reverse stage or show the owner when the aux heat is engaged. Once the aux heat kicks on, it stays on until the entire heating call is over. This is a waste of energy and money. Time to find something better. Resideo ruined Honeywell stats when they bought it out. Honeywell used to be great.

Post Likes

Update on T6 stat from Resideo Honeywell

After speaking with our regional Honeywell Resideo representative yesterday he explained the situation and sent us a copy of the Resideo Tech bulletin about the T6 stats. If the stat has a sideways number 4 after the model number, (this is found on the back of the stat itself) and the serial number is between 1917 - 1940, then the stat has the potential to cause issues with certain HVAC systems. We were instructed to return all non-wifi T6 stats within the above criteria. The wifi version of the T6 does not have this faulty component in it, according to Resideo, and should not be returned. I was told that the version 5 and soon to be arriving 6 do not have the problem that the series 4 has.
    The bulletin also states that all version 5 and newer stats will have the series number on the box so you know what version you are buying without removing it from the box. So, don't buy a T6 that does not have the version number on the box.
    I was impressed with how quickly the Resideo representative got back to me and how straight forward and honest he was with me. I apologize for my former post that was not kind to Resideo, they are trying to make a good product.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819 LastLast