Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 50 of 50
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    7,942
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rglasgow View Post
    Took bad stats back to distributor today. They had heard about a recall from Honetwell but did not have any details.
    I work for a distributor and haven't heard a word. There was a recall on the vision pros. Nothing on the T6's as far as I know.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Piedmont Triad, NC
    Posts
    549
    Post Likes
    I’ve had a bad T6 out of the box within the last week. It wouldn’t close contacts from R to G on a call for heat (heat pump) or with the fan turned to “on”. Also, at a Bosch class yesterday the instructor told us not to use t6’s for a while as they used a slightly different relay in a current batch that was dropping voltage to the reversing valve.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    FLORIDA
    Posts
    195
    Post Likes
    what's going on with this T6

  4. #43
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elizabethtown, PA
    Posts
    60
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    I work for a distributor and haven't heard a word. There was a recall on the vision pros. Nothing on the T6's as far as I know.
    One of my distributor's technical support staff had been in contact with Honeywell regarding this issue on 10/8 per my sales rep.

    The distributor I talked with today had no knowledge of the issue. They want to swap out the T6 I got from them. I guess I'll have to show up with my tester.

    At this point, my date codes span 22 weeks. It must not be every T6 in that range or it would be a well known problem by now. I'm six for six since mid summer, though, so my luck is terrible. I think I'll be using T4's and T6WF's until I get confirmation that this is solved.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    31,456
    Post Likes
    Update:

    I went to the supply house this morning, and took one of the bad stats (1+1) in to the manager, and demonstrated the lack of contact closure.

    He said, go grab another one.

    Same thing.

    He grabbed a slightly different model (2+1) still a T6.

    Nada.

    He had me try the only 3 he had on the shelf.

    Nada.
    Nada.
    Nada.

    He says try a vision pro.

    I rigged up two wires to stick out through the hole with the stat snapped into the back, with the four AA batteries in place.

    Bingo.

    He let me keep the vision pro so I could finish the job that was on my schedule today.

    So...this is two branches of the same supply house chain, and ALL of the 1+1 T6 stats I bought or tried in the past 10 days are not able to send power out the W1 wire.

    I think there is going to be a big stink about this. I never had issues like this before Honeywell split off this business and let someone else use their name. The company making these stats is actually Resideo.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist
    Member, IAEI

    AOP Forum Rules:







  6. #45
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elizabethtown, PA
    Posts
    60
    Post Likes
    The most recent info I got was that they do not have a serial number range of bad stats. I guess bad units were found outside of the initial range. They are saying that all "series 5" T6 thermostats are good. The bad ones I have are series 4. The series number is the sideways number between the sn and date code on the back.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elizabethtown, PA
    Posts
    60
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post

    So...this is two branches of the same supply house chain, and ALL of the 1+1 T6 stats I bought or tried in the past 10 days are not able to send power out the W1 wire.
    For 1H1C, you could go T4. They've been flawless for me.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    31,456
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    For 1H1C, you could go T4. They've been flawless for me.
    I needed a wired remote.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist
    Member, IAEI

    AOP Forum Rules:







  9. #48
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Elizabethtown, PA
    Posts
    60
    Post Likes
    I see. I'm going to see if I can find some of the series 5's. This problem needs to get fixed sooner rather than later.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Bay Area California
    Posts
    24,506
    Post Likes
    Shares of Resideo Technologies (NYSE:REZI) fell more than 40% on Wednesday after the smart-home and security products company cut guidance, announced a management change, and said it was beginning a comprehensive operational and financial review. With the drop, the company's shares have now lost nearly 70% of their value since being spun out of Honeywell International last year.

    https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/...ashing-to.aspx


    Quote Originally Posted by timebuilder View Post
    Update:

    I went to the supply house this morning, and took one of the bad stats (1+1) in to the manager, and demonstrated the lack of contact closure.

    He said, go grab another one.

    Same thing.

    He grabbed a slightly different model (2+1) still a T6.

    Nada.

    He had me try the only 3 he had on the shelf.

    Nada.
    Nada.
    Nada.

    He says try a vision pro.

    I rigged up two wires to stick out through the hole with the stat snapped into the back, with the four AA batteries in place.

    Bingo.

    He let me keep the vision pro so I could finish the job that was on my schedule today.

    So...this is two branches of the same supply house chain, and ALL of the 1+1 T6 stats I bought or tried in the past 10 days are not able to send power out the W1 wire.

    I think there is going to be a big stink about this. I never had issues like this before Honeywell split off this business and let someone else use their name. The company making these stats is actually Resideo.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

    I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

    Did you really need the " If you were a real tech " ??

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sea to Sky
    Posts
    3,376
    Post Likes
    Lol....I'll bet Honeywell buys them back now....fixes things and sells them again.

    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •