+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeywell T6 Thermostats

Post Likes

Honeywell T6 Thermostats

Installed a couple of Honeywell TH6320U2008 thermostats on Rheem heat pumps, both failed within a couple of days, voltage from thermostat to reversing valve varies from 5-23 volts which wont keep valve energized. All other control voltage is dead on 26 volts. All new control wire to both. Have since replaced with some Emerson thermostats and have had no further issues. Just curious if others have seen this issue with any of the T series line.

Post Likes
    Did you have the common hooked up? Seems odd that both failed. Did you buy them both at the same time/same place?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Always have a common. Both were purchased at same time. We buy them 4-6 at a time usually, but usually are using them in straight ac with gas furnace application.

Post Likes
    I have not seen this problem in the dozen or so I have installed. Almost all heat pumps.

I still prefer the Honeywell 8000 series.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

5. Likes P.Hank, shavedneon, Tom27 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I sell a shitload of them and rarely have warranty claims
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Why is it that those who complain the most contribute the least?
    MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS. POVERTY CAN'T BUY ANYTHING

Post Likes
    1st ones I have had any issues with. Just kinda odd to have 2 in the same house fail the same way. Just thought someone else may have seen a issue similar. I am no a big fan of the stab-lock wire connections, but I know most thermostats are moving that direction.

Post Likes
    I put in tons of these and have not had a problem until last month. New furnace with heat pump. New wiring and T-6 thermostat with 3 heat, 2 cool. Furnace board kept blowing the 3amp fuse. It turned out to be a direct short in the thermostat. Put a different Honeywell statin, and problem solved.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals... He wouldn't have made them out of MEAT.

9. Likes YOUNG FROSTY liked this post.
    R600a is offline Professional Member*/Membership Committee
    Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    We sell a ton of the t series and have not had any problems. Our only warranty replacement was a misdiagnosis and the stat was fine.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk
    "Is this before or after you fired the parts cannon at it?" - senior tech
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.
    Unless we change direction we are likely to end up where we are going.
    "It's not new, it's better than new!" Maru.

Post Likes
    There is a bad batch of T6's. We had five in a row that wouldn't run heat pumps. All our problems were on dual fuel systems but bench testing showed that that wasn't the only issue. Honeywell replaced (upgraded) them through our distributor.

Hanging out with the mice behind the fridge talking bad about the roaches in the oven.
    Post Likes
    I am glad to hear they took good care of you that is the important thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    There is a bad batch of T6's. We had five in a row that wouldn't run heat pumps. All our problems were on dual fuel systems but bench testing showed that that wasn't the only issue. Honeywell replaced (upgraded) them through our distributor.
    I'm tired of these mediocre "semi flammable" refrigerants. If we're going to do it let's do it right.

Post Likes
    Both of these were duel fuel applications

Post Likes

th6210u2001

we had one this week. Installed for 8 days on goodman heat pump. would not bring on the contactor, auxiliary or emergency heat. Fan would run no problem. The voltage would fluctuate between 5v and 20v this did have a common connected.

Post Likes
    Had my share of bad ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I will probably stay away from them for awhile then.

Post Likes
    I've installed more than I can remember in commercial applications. Had one fail a day or two later, fan wouldn't come on. Think I had another fail, but can't remember what or why. It's still my normal economical truck stock stat.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Same here you get a bad one every once in a while of almost anything.

Post Likes
    I had 2 fail on me within 6 months of installation: First one thermostat button were unresponsive to anything and after removing thermostat and battery for one week, put back the battery and seem to work but did replace since i dont trust it. Second one after big wind and lot of power surge thermostat lost ALL config and went back to default config.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the info . We use them on all of our heat pump installs. Will keep a look out for problems, but, none so far

Post Likes
    we have also had to replace a fair amount of t6

Post Likes
    You know now that I think about it I think we've had problems on heat pump installs too but if I remember correctly the problem turned out that we were running all of the power through one safety and it just added up to too much amp draw all we had to do is switch the safeties to just shut off the condensing unit instead of the red wire to the thermostat and we never had the problem again. It may not be related to what you all have had but it does seem somewhat similar. Anymore if it's a T6 or T10 I wire the safety between the condensing unit and the thermostat because I don't want that little bit extra voltage drop before the thermostat. Seems to have taken care of the only problems I've had with the t series.

Sent in a state of increasing entropy using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in