Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Well, the T6 did replace the 6000, which was an extremely reliable and economic choice for a commercial stat. Just sayin'.
    and I'm just sayin' what I'm sayin'. I talked to my rep a few weeks back about an issue one of my customers was having with a T6. He knew what the problem was immediately and asked me what the application was. I told him commercial and he said the customer should have gone with vision pro's. Residential...Resideo...see the similarities. LOL
    That being said, the vision pros are also a Resideo product.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    So, what you are really saying is, the T6's have fallen to the same level as the Nest? Or maybe even below a Nest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    and I'm just sayin' what I'm sayin'. I talked to my rep a few weeks back about an issue one of my customers was having with a T6. He knew what the problem was immediately and asked me what the application was. I told him commercial and he said the customer should have gone with vision pro's. Residential...Resideo...see the similarities. LOL
    That being said, the vision pros are also a Resideo product.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    So, what you are really saying is, the T6's have fallen to the same level as the Nest? Or maybe even below a Nest.
    Just sayin' what I'm sayin'. If my Resideo rep says the T series thermostats are residential well....

I guess my honest response is "What do you expect for $50?" I'm not knocking Honeywell or Resideo, but a vision pro is a hundo more. I used to use the same response when I worked for the 3rd party facilities management company. "What do you expect for $50 and hour?" You pay discounted prices/rates, you get sub-par products/work.

Post Likes
    Just sayin' what I'm sayin'. If my Resideo rep says the T series thermostats are residential well....

I guess my honest response is "What do you expect for $50?" I'm not knocking Honeywell or Resideo, but a vision pro is a hundo more. I used to use the same response when I worked for the 3rd party facilities management company. "What do you expect for $50 and hour?" You pay discounted prices/rates, you get sub-par products/work.
    As a supplier, do you see a lot of T6 returns with problems other than the one discussed in this thread? What about T4s...any problems with those?

Post Likes
    Hmmm...

It does not take a rocket scientist to see...
    That a T6 and an 8000 are both a plastic box with a board in them...

WHY should a customer have to pay considerably more $$$...
    For a stat used in commercial... than in residential???

Seems like we are getting BS lines from the stat company.

I think it is time to quit using Residio/Honeywell products...
    Until Residio goes broke and Honeywell gets it back...
    AND fixes the problems this half-wit company created!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    As a supplier, do you see a lot of T6 returns with problems other than the one discussed in this thread? What about T4s...any problems with those?
    Very few. That being said, heat pumps are not common around Chicago. Aside from WSHP in some of the high rises, they are nowhere to be found. With the amount of Honeywell thermostats we sell, I'd say the warranty claims are negligible. The resolution to the thermostat I referred to in my previous post was shielded wire between the remote sensor and the stat.

HW rarely fights warranty claims. Resideo, so far, is the same way.

No disrespect. One of the issues I struggle with is technicians. (I was one for 15 years and I'm no smarter or dumber than any of you) Not entirely their fault either. The HW vision pro manual is 140 pages long and it is not included in the box with the stat. I walk thru the programming, almost daily with guys in the field. I've never gone thru programming on the T series stats. That says something right there as far as what the stat was/is designed for.

Post Likes
    Very few. That being said, heat pumps are not common around Chicago. Aside from WSHP in some of the high rises, they are nowhere to be found. With the amount of Honeywell thermostats we sell, I'd say the warranty claims are negligible. The resolution to the thermostat I referred to in my previous post was shielded wire between the remote sensor and the stat.

HW rarely fights warranty claims. Resideo, so far, is the same way.

No disrespect. One of the issues I struggle with is technicians. (I was one for 15 years and I'm no smarter or dumber than any of you) Not entirely their fault either. The HW vision pro manual is 140 pages long and it is not included in the box with the stat. I walk thru the programming, almost daily with guys in the field. I've never gone thru programming on the T series stats. That says something right there as far as what the stat was/is designed for.
    We don't have many HPs in this region either. As to the programming aspect, the T-series is very simple.

Post Likes
    Hmmm...

We never had any issues with programming any of the Honeywell stats...
    Just read the directions and follow them.

IMO the programming of the T series is kinda strange... it is not straight-forward like the older (Honeywell designed) stats we used to get.

Still think we need to boycott Residio until they clean up their act!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    I checked with our warranty claims dept. yesterday. we had only 3 warranty returns on T4's in the past year. We had 3 T6's for reasons other than the current issue. A lot of T6's for the current issue, but hopefully, that will soon be behind us. We install somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 - 2000 thermostats per year. I am guessing a little, but at least 300 - 400 are Resideo T series stats. Our largest use of T series stats is with gas/ac systems in new construction market and in that application, for the price, they do a good job. I have already expressed how they could improve the T6 line so I won't mention that here now. My point is, other than the current T6 issue, our failure rate of the T series stats is well within the normal expectation, which is 2% for us.

Post Likes
    i am currently installing T4 and they are not too bad.
    i have purchased a couple of White Rogers/ Emerson. Series 80 i guess
    so far so good
    i just can't decide LOL
    Visit our website at www.airconcomfortcooling.com

Post Likes
    I had a bad t6 Seven months old and would not energize the o terminal and Cooling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'm a facilities manager with 30 new HVAC unit's to oversee/maintain (that's why I joined the group). On a side note, I recently bought a residential property with a new Carrier system installed 4/19. We are not moved in and the heat has been kept at 55 degrees (Oct-Dec) while vacant. In the past two months the electricity bill has been $450 and now it's $831 (mind you, we are not even living there). The accumulator was covered in a thick coat of ice and that why I initially called for service. The installer came out and and replaced the T6 thermostat three times (twice with a T6, and now with a T4) saying they had a bad batch of T6 units and that the "T6 was energizing the reversing valve when it shouldn't." My question, isn't there a way to determine a thermo is bad without enduring $1300 in electricity bills? Also, is the T4 thermo a downgrade? And if Honeywell has a defective issue causing both heat and AC to run simultaneously, shouldn't this be mentioned to the installers? Thanks for your advice.

Post Likes
    Ah, I see, you haven't been reading this thread, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by metrosound View Post
    I'm a facilities manager with 30 new HVAC unit's to oversee/maintain (that's why I joined the group). On a side note, I recently bought a residential property with a new Carrier system installed 4/19. We are not moved in and the heat has been kept at 55 degrees (Oct-Dec) while vacant. In the past two months the electricity bill has been $450 and now it's $831 (mind you, we are not even living there). The accumulator was covered in a thick coat of ice and that why I initially called for service. The installer came out and and replaced the T6 thermostat three times (twice with a T6, and now with a T4) saying they had a bad batch of T6 units and that the "T6 was energizing the reversing valve when it shouldn't." My question, isn't there a way to determine a thermo is bad without enduring $1300 in electricity bills? Also, is the T4 thermo a downgrade? And if Honeywell has a defective issue causing both heat and AC to run simultaneously, shouldn't this be mentioned to the installers? Thanks for your advice.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7101112131415161718192021 LastLast