+ Reply to Thread

Thread: York YK Style-G, pre-rotatoion guide vane actuator issues.

Post Likes

York YK Style-G, pre-rotatoion guide vane actuator issues.

Good day, I've currently been having issues with an actuator fitted to a York YK style G centrifugal chiller. On shutdown the chiller unloads and the actuator closes off however the microswitch is not making signifying the full stroke is complete. This will then hold off the chiller from starting up again due to the actuator position as the chiller needs to see a closed state on startup. The actuator does drive, I found after manually stroking the actuator, the microswitch circuit made and enabled a start sequence. It seems as if the stroke needs to be recalibrated to stop this from happening.

Could there be an issue with the potentiometer as this is monitoring the physical stroke output?

There also seems to be an oil leak from the actuator seal, could this be contributing to the relevant fault?

Your assistance would be much appreciated.

Post Likes
    Have you ran the calibration sequence in service mode?

Post Likes
    you can not recalibrate the vane motor switch, however, if the linkage isn't setup properly, the vanes may be fully closed, but the motor is not fully closed and the mechanical limits inside the compressor vanes will prevent the vane motor from reaching its fully closed state. i recommend having a qualified technician come and check out the linkage. if the linkage is good, the vane motor may need to be replaced.
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    If the PRV actuator end switch is not making chiller will not shut down on soft stop. Panel needs the input from the end switch to shut down the chiller in a normal cycle off. If you have a PRV pot that has nothing to do with the shut down.
    Jay is right about the linkage and a knowledgeable tech to set up. If you are able to use the unload button and the actuator moves and the end switch indicator on the compressor screen comes on something else is happening. During the normal shut down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in