Post Likes

High School Kids Can be Caring

This is the mentality that need to start spreading through today's youth.

Post Likes
    Yes and no. Let me preface my explanation by saying my brother was born mentally retarded or, in today's world "developmentally disabled". He was more severely retarded than the couple in the above video and may have had the mentality of a 4 year old when he died at the age of 35. I saw first hand the bigotry and disrespect from the general public. I also witnessed the the love from the community of families with handicapped children at my childhood church, where they hosted extracurricular activities for the handicapped children. My father is 80 years old and still active with many developmentally disabled groups offering free legal assistance and such.

Now to my comment. The reality is, most of these "special" kids will never find their niche in society once they leave school. They will work menial jobs if they work at all. They will be teased and discriminated against if they spend any amount of time in public. They will suffer from health problems their entire lives and typically die at a young age. While the disabled are truly "the entitled", the entitlement community has bastardized the system so badly that benefits will get pulled from the disabled before they pull them from someone who might cast a vote one day.

My neighbor has cerebral palsy. He is married with 2 kids. He works as a stocker at Menards and has so for the 17 years I have known him. He also drives for Uber which has been a rocky road for him. He gets multiple complaints from Uber customers weekly, because they think he's drunk. He has difficulty buying beer because people think he's drunk. It's almost inevitable he does a face plant, walking the 60 feet from his home to the mailbox.

While I love the sentiment in the above video, the harsh reality is their lives will, more than likely, be filled with struggle and disappointment, that the likes of us couldn't even imagine. It's my feeling, putting them on a pedestal by making them king and queen, will only cause the fall from grace to hurt even more.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Sadly you are correct, but for at least just one night in there lives they are treated like everyone else. Most others will never even get to know that joy. These two will have the memory of that night for the rest of there lives. That in itself may change the course of there lives if not in some small way.