Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    An open tank (to atmosphere) is apparently what the OP has.
    Nope, I don't think so. I would bet there's a normal expansion tank somewhere. Either bladder or the old school closed kind with no bladder.

What he's talking about is a plastic barrell that's full of glycol and has a pump attached to it. It either automatically opens a solenoid and turns on the pump whenever the system pressure gets too low, or it's manual and someone has to open a valve and turn on the pump themselves.

I actually installed one of these at a place a couple of months ago, but I forgot about it until superheatmaster described it better and posted his pics.

These things are handy for pumping glycol into a system, although if I remember correctly you still need to roll the new drum of glycol near this "feed tank" thing and transfer the new drum of stuff into that tank, so that part's still a pain in the ass.

Post Likes
    Yeah, we’re speaking the same language I’m just doing a horrible job of explaining myself! LOL!

You’re spot on with your description. And yeah, you have to fill the tank from a barrel of glycol.

This post is a prime example of proper terminology helping make diagnosing through a keyboard much simpler!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 71CHOPS View Post
    Ahhh, you should have included originally that you’re filling a glycol system. Yes you have a makeup tank and pump system then.

Are you filling with city water or glycol?
    The glycol went bye bye a few months ago and now it is all city water until they pony up the cash for glycol.

Post Likes
    I believe the proper terminology would be plain steel tank. And bladder tank. That’s how I describe them anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12