Post Likes

goodman furn water leaks

Is anyone else seeing alot of secondary coil covers leaking on Goodman 90% furnaces lately?

Post Likes
    Dont do a lot of residential stuff but I had one last week. I tried caulking it but it kept leaking upon replacing it there was a small crack that I failed to see the first time I took it apart. It was a GSM90.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I see it a lot. I stated stocking covers at the shop just I case we have a leaker.

Post Likes
    Amanas are the ones I have most issues with, boxes and inducers both leaking

Post Likes
    Im glad Im not the only one seeing this. Thinking of getting away from Amana do to this alone. Realized its in the back of my mind when just tonight I went to inspect one of our furnace installs, customer was literally standing over me as I opened up cabinet and I was praying their was not a leak.

What am I going to do? Complain to my sales rep? Its as if we have no voice. Jump to another brand till they have a problem and repeat the cycle?

6. Likes CHEAPRHVAC liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeesspoo View Post
    Im glad Im not the only one seeing this. Thinking of getting away from Amana do to this alone. Realized its in the back of my mind when just tonight I went to inspect one of our furnace installs, customer was literally standing over me as I opened up cabinet and I was praying their was not a leak.

What am I going to do? Complain to my sales rep? Its as if we have no voice. Jump to another brand till they have a problem and repeat the cycle?
    Thats exactly why we switched . Never was taken seriously when we noticed consistency problems from factory .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk