Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Hot Yoga Hydro System

Hello,

We are going to be opening a hot yoga studio and wanted suggestions on equipment and setup. The temps in the room will vary by each type of class but will need to reach 105 degrees and 60% humidity for up to 90min. The room is about 1000-1300 sqft. Suggestions are welcome please.

I think / know I will need:

a. Nortec EL50 (humidity control)
    b. Navien High Efficiency boiler(NHB150) w/ 1st Company Air Handler (open to other suggestions to other brands)
    c. Ductsock duct work for hot room
    d. Two (2) UV lights (supply and return)
    e. Two (2) Air Bears (high efficiency media filters)

Thanks

Post Likes
    Tell me about the construction of the room. Has it been built to deal with such temperature extremes? If not you could quickly wind up with condensation within the walls, which will lead to mold and mildew problems.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Right now it's still in the blueprint phase. Were going to do spray in insulation in 3 of the 4 walls (4th wall is an extroir wall) and the celing. Were going to have vinyl celing tiles for the drop down celing. Wall will be sheetrock and in other studios its not been an issue.

Post Likes
    Well if you have "other"locations w/o any problems then why not just copy your successfulness.?

Post Likes
    Hire an Engineering Firm!

Post Likes
    The last location I had was already built out and I am going with a hydro system which is different than my other location.

Post Likes
    I have a few quotes but I want to make sure I am getting good equipment and that I am not missing anything.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynlow922 View Post
    I have a few quotes but I want to make sure I am getting good equipment and that I am not missing anything.
    The equipment is only as good as the installing contractor.

What are the Local requirements for Out Side Air, CO monitoring, occupied unoccupied times?

Post Likes
    I am unaware of requirements for outside air but there will be a "purge" installed so after each class we can cycle fresh outside air into the room and cool it off. There will be 3-5 classes a day, classes are 60-90 min long.

I just wanted to see if there is anyone here that has dealt with this type of system before and get suggestions so I know some knowledge before having a contractor do the job.

Post Likes
    Will it be placed directly in the room or going through the ducts ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynlow922 View Post
    I am unaware of requirements for outside air but there will be a "purge" installed so after each class we can cycle fresh outside air into the room and cool it off. There will be 3-5 classes a day, classes are 60-90 min long.

I just wanted to see if there is anyone here that has dealt with this type of system before and get suggestions so I know some knowledge before having a contractor do the job.
    Ive delt with them and thats why I sad Hire an Engineering Firm. Let them accept the responsibility of getting it right.

Post Likes
    All equipment will be in another room and ductwork will run into the hot room.

I will be hiring an engineer to do the work but having the knowledge for myself is being a good owner. Not everyone has my best interest at heart and I want to make the right choice the first time. Knowledge is power which is why I came looking for advice and suggestions.

Thanks

Post Likes
    So the humidifier will supply the ductsock ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast