+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hack waterheater vent.

Post Likes
    I always have a personal CO detector.
    What’s with the stock pic of the lineman?
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I always have a personal CO detector.
    What’s with the stock pic of the lineman?
    That house just looks dangerous with electrical hazards and venting issues and who knows what else.

I personally wouldn't ever go back to that house. Nothing good can come from having your name associated with a place like that. But to each his own.

Post Likes
    I would have walked out and said call somone else at the sight of that hack fest dont want my name on that mess

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    That house just looks dangerous with electrical hazards and venting issues and who knows what else.

I personally wouldn't ever go back to that house. Nothing good can come from having your name associated with a place like that. But to each his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    I would have walked out and said call somone else at the sight of that hack fest dont want my name on that mess

Why can't you give a quote to make it proper? Wouldn't that be the professional thing to do?
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Why can't you give a quote to make it proper? Wouldn't that be the professional thing to do?
    I definitely would have done so for the flue pipe. As for the electrical I might have said to call an electrician and I would return. I definitely would have documented enough of what I saw and make them aware for their safety and covering my a$$.

You might ask STEVEusaPA the same thing. He said it wasn't his job. JS.

Post Likes
    It's been documented an a solution offered. By 'not my yob' I was referring to the electrical work. The electrical work was done by the people who did the kitchen, and the chimney liner/water heater vent was done by others.
    When (if) the furnace gets replaced the flue pipe will get corrected.
    Last time I was there, no liner and the gas water heater flue pipe was in the chimney higher than the furnace. That's when I told her she needed a new furnace and a liner.
    She got a liner, and a new kitchen...

If I walked out of every basement that was a mess I'd only have to work part time. Fixing a mess pays pretty darn well, and sometimes customers don't realize it's wrong (like the chimney liner fiasco). I can only share with the homeowner what's wrong and how to fix it. Can't make them.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Feast your eyes on today's twofer...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Feast your eyes on today's twofer...
    They might have smart air there so it knows where to go. To play it safe they should have put arrows so it knows where to go.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    It's been documented an a solution offered. By 'not my yob' I was referring to the electrical work. The electrical work was done by the people who did the kitchen, and the chimney liner/water heater vent was done by others.
    When (if) the furnace gets replaced the flue pipe will get corrected.
    Last time I was there, no liner and the gas water heater flue pipe was in the chimney higher than the furnace. That's when I told her she needed a new furnace and a liner.
    She got a liner, and a new kitchen...

If I walked out of every basement that was a mess I'd only have to work part time. Fixing a mess pays pretty darn well, and sometimes customers don't realize it's wrong (like the chimney liner fiasco). I can only share with the homeowner what's wrong and how to fix it. Can't make them.
    What was the nature of your call there that day a maintenance or something like that?

Post Likes
    around my area you cant vent a furance and water heater in the same flue any more they have to be seprate

Post Likes
    Doubles as an emergency clothes line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in