Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Age, again!

Post Likes

Ice Age, again!

I'm sure the rest of you older folks remember the coming ice age all the scientist's were so sure of in the 70's. Back before Al Gore.

According to the Fox news article yesterday it's back! Interestingly, even Fox has joined the politically correct police and dropped the story from its news feed today. Puzzled, I did some research. While ice seems to be shrinking in some of the Artic it's growing in the Antarctic. This is where the ice age is supposed to be coming from this time.

I found several articles from different countries covering this. Kind of throws a wrench in the global warming theory.

Fox News › science › explosion...
    Web results
    Explosion in Antarctic sea ice levels may cause another ice age | Fox News

Post Likes
    I remember in elementary school the paper scholastic rags the teachers would hand out to the kids in the 70's. They were always pushing the ice age scare and species of animals dying off.

Crock o sheit then, and crock o sheit now.

3. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    I need a inside job... Trick or Treat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You guys so far out of the realm of science that even explaining it to you is useless. That is not even CLOSE to what the article said.

I suggest you read it once again.

What it says is that the Milankovich cycle is sufficient to explain the timing of the events, but it is insufficient in explaining the depth and intensity of the event. So, they think that as ice builds up, it creates as new effect and its not all the cycle.

I'd say read all about it but, yeah. lol -what's the use?

A new ice age is supposed to be beginning now according to the cycle, that's why science predicted it in the 60s. We already know that. So, we are supposed to be cooling but instead we are warming. That's the real talking point.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    You guys so far out of the realm of science that even explaining it to you is useless. That is not even CLOSE to what the article said.

I suggest you read it once again.

What it says is that the Milankovich cycle is sufficient to explain the timing of the events, but it is insufficient in explaining the depth and intensity of the event. So, they think that as ice builds up, it creates as new effect and its not all the cycle.

I'd say read all about it but, yeah. lol -what's the use?

A new ice age is supposed to be beginning now according to the cycle, that's why science predicted it in the 60s. We already know that. So, we are supposed to be cooling but instead we are warming. That's the real talking point.
    Yup!

Hard to respond to OP without a link...

Regardless, this research paper may be the basis for what triggered thier reaction: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41561-019-0466-8

For an easy to comprehend article on the topic: https://www.azocleantech.com/amp/news.aspx?newsID=26700

"The Chicago-based researchers have recently simulated a chain of events that demonstrates how an increase in Arctic sea ice culminates in an ice age.

Aimed at better understanding the cycles of the Earth’s climate over geological time, the study draws parallels with shifts in the ocean’s carbon storage and periods of environmental change. Thus, seeking to discover and understand the processes that make up a global climate."

Basically, scientists are testing a multitude of climate models to better understand our climate. The paper does not predict an imminent ice age. Furthermore, the paper is entirely based on the premise that CO2 affects climate, 40 ppm change is mentioned as having a significant affect. Humanity has added over 100 ppm in the last 100 years!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I remember in elementary school the paper scholastic rags the teachers would hand out to the kids in the 70's. They were always pushing the ice age scare and species of animals dying off.

Crock o sheit then, and crock o sheit now.
    I also remember science article back in 70s in Popular Science magazine saying by year 2010 the earth would be in an ice age due to carbon pollution. They were also predicting we will be out oil by 2000 due to the oil used up in 2 world wars. That why I don't believe anyone can predict the earth climate or whats is going to happen 10 years from now.

8. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Again, this is NOT what the Popular Science article said. You guys are freaking amazing!

The article predicted cooling AS A RESULT OF THE MILANKOVICH CYCLE, not carbon pollution. Carbon pollution would achieve the opposite thing, warming. That's the science of the Greenhouse Effect.
    "Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." ― Bertrand Russell

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Again, this is NOT what the Popular Science article said. You guys are freaking amazing!

The article predicted cooling AS A RESULT OF THE MILANKOVICH CYCLE, not carbon pollution. Carbon pollution would achieve the opposite thing, warming. That's the science of the Greenhouse Effect.
    Same way GA sees the lefties that refuse to understand the corruption that drives these farces the left continues to attempt to sell to the public.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

11. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Post Likes
    Air traffic cools the planet! Very interesting article...

"Our findings indicate that the diurnal temperature range averaged across the United States was increased during the aircraft-grounded period, despite large variations in the amount of cloud associated with mobile weather systems. We argue that the absence of contrails was responsible for the difference between a period of above-normal but unremarkable DTR and the anomalous conditions that were recorded."

https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog...ght-groundings

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Air traffic cools the planet! Very interesting article...

"Our findings indicate that the diurnal temperature range averaged across the United States was increased during the aircraft-grounded period, despite large variations in the amount of cloud associated with mobile weather systems. We argue that the absence of contrails was responsible for the difference between a period of above-normal but unremarkable DTR and the anomalous conditions that were recorded."

https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog...ght-groundings
    So human activity does affect climate!!!

Post Likes
    Lahrs, the thing that AOC wants to eliminate (commercial air travel) is a big contributor to keeping us from burning up, arctic ice from melting and millions of coastal inhabitants from fleeing their home in a giant flood!

Post Likes
    Then where is all the water coming from? We used to have Four to Six Coastal flood advisories a year, now it's not unusual to get Four in week, with the flooding. Also we had them with no rain and no wind. I'm on the highest piece of ground on my country road, but I keep becoming an Island.
    Retired, after 43 Years

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Madera View Post
    Lahrs, the thing that AOC wants to eliminate (commercial air travel) is a big contributor to keeping us from burning up, arctic ice from melting and millions of coastal inhabitants from fleeing their home in a giant flood!
    What's an AOC?

What is the net result of contrails vs other human emissions? If it wasn't for contrails, it is your belief we would be burning up and battling an increase in flooding?

Can I conclude from your article and your responses that human activity is affecting the climate?
    Last edited by Lahrs; 10-31-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast