Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Hopefully all sports will be gone soon

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk
    Yeah well perhaps we should get rid of all the liberals first MG. Small price to pay but worth it. Yeah LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah well perhaps we should get rid of all the liberals first MG. Small price to pay but worth it. Yeah LOL. Thank you, thank you very much
    It's a shame on the Greyhound racing..the dogs really enjoy it... there is no abuse... they have a life better than most dogs.
    I guess the liberals want to claim abuse after the dog is retired..as it's not being raced anymore...and turns into someone's ordinary pet... incredible.
    There are already animal abuse laws in place.. just because the dog no longers races doesn't mean it is being abused... liberals I swear.
    I wonder what they think about animals raised just to be killed cut up and ate.... the greyhound has it good lol

Post Likes
    i venture to say used up greyhounds are treated like used up hunting dogs , not very well
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    i venture to say used up greyhounds are treated like used up hunting dogs , not very well
    Well cat apparently you have never owned a hound much less a hunting dog. My old hunting / hound dogs have a wonderful life till they passed away.

Always faithful and a pleasure to have and never abused. You don't know what your talking about. Geez. Unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    https://carolinatails.org/many-hunti...area-shelters/

its ts the same way in the Virginia shelters also ,used to do Maintenance at a large animal shelter and was told by the staff about this exact issue .
    so i do know what i’m talking about . not saying all hunters do this although it is done on a regular basis
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    Double post

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Some may be... Same goes for any pet.
    I have a old dog right now... Teeth are so bad I have to bust everything up and feed him by hand mainly lunch meat..Ritz crackers hamburger bacon cheese chicken breasts Has to urinate every couple hours... I guess it just depends on the owner.
    Some breeders may not offer the best life for a dog... Usually though after someone gains possession of the animal.. abuse is not common

Post Likes
    https://carolinatails.org/many-hunti...area-shelters/

its ts the same way in the Virginia shelters also ,used to do Maintenance at a large animal shelter and was told by the staff about this exact issue .
    so i do know what i’m talking about . not saying all hunters do this although it is done on a regular basis
    Well cat you must be talking about Doberman Pinchers, Rottweilers, pit bulls, etc and not the most gentle children friendly dogs around "hound dogs". They are extremely loyal, easy to train and very obedient.

I currently have a 4 yr old Red Bone coon hound and she is the nicest dog you have ever seen. I got her after my Blue Tick passed away at age 13. He was the best dog. I have friends who I go coon hunting with and they all love their hounds.

You can't find a pure bred hound dog in any of the "animal shelters" around here. If one comes in they are scarfed up right away. You have your dog breeds confused. Geez give me a break. Thank you, thank you very much

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    well glen we will just have to agree to disagree , not all people treat animals humanly
    Go Trump

Post Likes
    That lunch and other processed meat will torture your dog and kill him pretty rough in the end. Just grind up cooked dark meat chicken and some beef and it will be far better for the old guy. See if you can sneak in some eggs and mashed up root vegetables too. Try offering him some low salt stock; beef or chicken or veal and he'll be a happier lad for it. It's going to be a pretty darned sad time in the end - no sense rushing towards it if you don't have to.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Some may be... Same goes for any pet.
    I have a old dog right now... Teeth are so bad I have to bust everything up and feed him by hand mainly lunch meat..Ritz crackers hamburger bacon cheese chicken breasts Has to urinate every couple hours... I guess it just depends on the owner.
    Some breeders may not offer the best life for a dog... Usually though after someone gains possession of the animal.. abuse is not common

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    For the record here I run my dogs 2 to 3 times a week through some pasture and woods for about 20 minutes before heading back to the house even at night and they never get lost.

They enjoy the run and hound me to death until I take them. Can't imagine what a greyhound would do running up to 45 mph like a gazelle (60 miles mph). Yeah. Thank you very much

Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    That lunch and other processed meat will torture your dog and kill him pretty rough in the end. Just grind up cooked dark meat chicken and some beef and it will be far better for the old guy. See if you can sneak in some eggs and mashed up root vegetables too. Try offering him some low salt stock; beef or chicken or veal and he'll be a happier lad for it. It's going to be a pretty darned sad time in the end - no sense rushing towards it if you don't have to.

PHM
    --------
    I know... sometimes he won't eat for a couple days a time..so essentially at times it comes down to its better to eat junk rather than nothing at all.
    He used to love chicken and hamburger..he passes on it usually now..When I eat I try to give him what I eat now as well and hope he will take it..I guess I am letting him live rather than just be alive..If that makes sense .
    May have a decent four or five days then three or four bad days .
    Imagine you are him for a minute and you say to yourself...My early life was good ..middle not so bad. Then when I got old it sucked . Then I started living again ..my master let me have just about anything I wanted to eat except onions garlic chocolate or grapes
    I licked french vanilla creamer right out his hand..I tried beer..cookies..meatloaf .. lasagna... cheese dogs..ham..all the stuff I smelled all my life I can have if I want it.
    I puke about once a day regardless of what I eat ...but he lets me find something that sound appealing anyway....he cleans up my puke and pee without complaining..I remember I used to get in trouble if I peed in house.
    I try to hold it when he is away but can't always do that now..I think my master understands and is one cool old dude.
    When I reach the dog gates of heaven I can say "I wouldn't have changed a thing" ..and when I get reincarnated I want him to be my master again"

13. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    well glen we will just have to agree to disagree , not all people treat animals humanly
    very true, but the worst is by private individuals who almost never get caught. can't even count how many dogs I've seen confined on a balcony or tied up out back all day. I am personally not into betting sports, but when there are regulations in place, the business is more likely to follow them than an individual... because they have something to lose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast