Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

This is impossible, cant find a meter that works, sick of FP

so im in canada where voltages on RTUS and 3phase can get as high as 620v

i have the SC640 (fieldpiece), and its got a lot to like, but man, im sick of seeing OL

so im looking for a meter that can handle 1000v, and check capacitance, thats handy

i would love to be able to see milliamps on economizer enthalpy sensors and other controls, FP doesnt have that either. why is milliamps so hard to find?

microamps is also excellent to have for flame sensors

any thoughts?

closest i can get is Fluke 376, has 1000v, and capacitance, but no microamps, and i dont think it does milliamps?

UPDATE
    sprry, to be clear, im talking a about a clamp meter here. something i can keep in my tech mct and bring on the roof. maybe it would be better to get a multimeter and get a clamp accessory?

Post Likes
    UEI model 479 is a clamp on that is rated to 750v, 600A.

Features:
    True RMS
    600A AC
    750V AC/600V DC
    Resistance 60M
    Capacitance 2000ĶF
    Temperature 14 to 752F (-10 to 400C)
    DC microamps 2000uA
    Frequency/Duty cycle
    Diode test
    Non-contact voltage detection
    Audible continuity
    2-Year limited warranty

Hereís a link.

https://www.supplyhouse.com/UEi-Test...RoCnGYQAvD_BwE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    that all sounds pretty good, only thing missing is milliamps! not bad, thanks

Post Likes
    I like UEI meters. Iíve got a Fieldpiece and UEI, and the Fieldpiece stays in the truck unless I need to use the job link app.
    Easy to covert microamps to milliamps, just divide by 1000.

Post Likes
    I think you are going to need separate meters to meet all of your needs. I think the one that fills most of your needs would be the Amprobe ACD 51NAV
    Signature removed Violated rule #15

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1069 View Post
    I like UEI meters. Iíve got a Fieldpiece and UEI, and the Fieldpiece stays in the truck unless I need to use the job link app.

Post Likes
    I believe the Fluke 902FC will do that. Iíve been lookin for something similar and for a clamp meter I have narrowed it down to either the 902FC or the Fluke 325.

The 325 does everything plus more than the 902 is capable of EXCEPT that it wonít do the Milliamps.

Iíve used IDEAL and UEI meters before and were unimpressed by both of them so Iíve limited my search to only include Fluke. YMMV, Iím not judging anyoneís choice, just letting you know what limitations Iíve imposed on my search since it limits the results quite a bit.

Iím not sure if the frequency pickup on those meters are capable of detecting square waveforms or if it is limited to sinusoidal waveforms. I havenít had a chance to look into it yet. Itís possible it can, but if itís a feature you are considering then itís worth asking the question first.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelb1069 View Post

Some of the meters donít have the resolution or accuracy to be able to decide the results. You need to have the third decimal place if you are going to do that.

Quickly, I must hurry, for there go my people and I am their leader!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I believe the Fluke 902FC will do that. Iíve been lookin for something similar and for a clamp meter I have narrowed it down to either the 902FC or the Fluke 325.

The 325 does everything plus more than the 902 is capable of EXCEPT that it wonít do the Milliamps.

Iíve used IDEAL and UEI meters before and were unimpressed by both of them so Iíve limited my search to only include Fluke. YMMV, Iím not judging anyoneís choice, just letting you know what limitations Iíve imposed on my search since it limits the results quite a bit.

Iím not sure if the frequency pickup on those meters are capable of detecting square waveforms or if it is limited to sinusoidal waveforms. I havenít had a chance to look into it yet. Itís possible it can, but if itís a feature you are considering then itís worth asking the question first.

Fluke is great and the 902 is decent but only goes to 600vac. The OP needs more than that. It has a really poor resistive range and doesn't do microamps either I believe. Not bad for a clamp meter you definitely would need a multimeter to go along with it.

Post Likes
    Those look great, thank you for the suggestion I didn't see those before

Post Likes
    Third decimal place under microamps? I've only ever seen one decimal place

Post Likes

The 325 does everything plus more than the 902 is capable of EXCEPT that it wonít do the Milliamps. .
    Those unfortunately only go to 600. I'd have to go up to the fluke 376
    Can you divide those microamps by 1000 to get milliamps?

QUOTE=pageyjim;25801121]I think you are going to need separate meters to meet all of your needs. I think the one that fills most of your needs would be the Amprobe ACD 51NAV[/QUOTE]

Great suggestion, those look awesome I'll check them out

QUOTE=pageyjim;25801121]I think you are going to need separate meters to meet all of your needs. I think the one that fills most of your needs would be the Amprobe ACD 51NAV[/QUOTE]

Some of the meters donít have the resolution or accuracy to be able to decide the results. You need to have the third decimal place if you are going to do that.

I've never seen microamps with more than one decimal place

Post Likes
    If you have money to burn and want to do it easy and fast have a look at this one.

https://www.fluke.com/en-us/product/...tors/fluke-771

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast