Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    How about that Old Retired SeeBee-"NavyGuy" H-Talk Brother. Did you do anything like this dome during your deployments?????

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitz View Post
    How does that work in winter? Wouldn't it be raining in there? How is the air heated?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There is a heater on the Main fan to Heat the air entering the Dome. There is a secondary fan backup with no heat, and also a backup generator for power outages. You are correct it is pretty nasty feeling in there. I am sure if the dampers were in operation, and dome was sealed correctly we would have the correct amount of air changes needed to keep the air fresh, and it would feel much different.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mwitt View Post
    I think an important distinction isn’t made here by other responses.

Are fan laws applicable? Of course they are, if you want to answer questions about how the system will respond the changing fan speed.

But then everyone starts mentioning closing up leaks. Fan laws won’t answer those questions however.

Here’s what I mean:

Fan laws will tell you that, if you change nothing about the dome, and assuming you make 1.1” static now and want to make 1.25” then you need to increase wheel speed by a factor of (1.25/1.1)^1/2 and the motor BHP will rise by (1.25/1.1)^(3/2).

However, if as other suggest, you want to know what happens if you seal up the dome, then you need the fan curve. Since your changing the system, fan laws really aren’t applicable anymore.
    Thank you for this info!

Post Likes
    We were going to do a larger pulley to grab another 100 cfm from the motor. Amps are all over the place. Sometimes upwards of 19.8 when they open a door for chlorine since dampers don't work. Worried we would be pushing it a little too much...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    What is the Mfrg Pressure Spec for the dome??? That photo of the dome does not seem to be "under deflated" due to not enough CFM/pressure.
    Was that access panel open when you took your readings?
    How are the press relief dampers controlled at the moment?
    This is the first thing I asked for from the customer. It's all over 33yrs old, and nobody knows nothing! Kind of a shot in the dark with old equipment they won't replace.

Post Likes
    Update so far is i was there today. Searched the entire dome, and on the roof where it attaches to the blower area has a huge gap of leaks. There is also leaks at both edges of relief dampers. The blower area has a old relief that we tried sealing, but leaks back into blower area which just allows the blower to recirculate the same air into the Dome. The blower is not ducted to the outside, but merely uses fresh air dampers that are manually open.

I told you guys it was a mess! Any way he's calling in the dome guy to seal leaks, and we are giving him a new motor on his dime, because he wants it. I don't believe motor is the issue at all, but everyone will be happy at the end.

Post Likes
    Is this a public pool? If so, I wonder how the health inspector would feel about this space....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12