Post Likes

Using Ion Generator without Reme halo Ballast, Help

Hi guys.

Recently installed a reme halo, and wanted to deactivate the ballast with mercury bulb and only use the ion generator. Spoke to rep and she said the ballast needs to be in place because "that controls the whole thing". From what the rep said, the ballast powers the PCB board and the Ion Generator.

I wanted to know if its possible to hook up or connect directly with wires the Reme halo in order to only use the Ion Generator. I don't like the smell of the Reme Halo and mouth has been dry. I told rep the hook up on my system and she said that I need to have the A/C FAN always on. I have it on auto and the reme is on 24/7 with separate power source (24V). It appears from what she says, the plasma gas is accumulating inside the plenum and we are getting a concentrated dose when the A/C Fan starts on. Makes sense.

Either way, any of you guys or gals think its possible just to use the Ionizer or bypass the wires for the ballast?

Let me know. This would be a cool idea... The 2 metal tabs are what powers the Ionizer (Black square box) on the plenum. It supposedly is the 2 white mesh looking parts under the reme. The Positive and the negative of the ionizer.. Name:  IMG_4242.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  76.8 KBName:  IMG_4241.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  82.1 KBName:  IMG_4240.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  66.8 KB

Post Likes
    I think its BS what the rep said. I measured the voltage and its reading 26.2VAC at the terminals of the Ionizer with the Power source plugged in and LED Light OFF. I think the LED light is for the Ballast only. Ionizer is always on. I will confirm with the Rep or an Engineer from RGF.

Name:  IMG_42452.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  138.2 KBName:  IMG_4245.jpg
Size:  128.4 KBName:  IMG_4244.jpg
Size:  88.1 KBName:  IMG_4243.jpg
Size:  112.4 KB