+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The perfect companion for my m12 Milwaukee riveter

Post Likes

Smile The perfect companion for my m12 Milwaukee riveter

It's not a drill but it makes holes Super Fast. It's the M12 FUEL Right Angle Die Grinder.
    I love me lots of rivets, and now, Man-o-man people are really going to hate me big time when they have to change out units that I've installed 😁.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

2. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Nice ducting.

I wish we had more basements here.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    It's not a drill but it makes holes Super Fast. It's the M12 FUEL Right Angle Die Grinder.
    I love me lots of rivets, and now, Man-o-man people are really going to hate me big time when they have to change out units that I've installed .
    Yes!!! So glad to see another one of your installed. Looks beautiful, just your pictures alone really changed the way I make metal and do installations. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Core_d liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So are you saying you attach your metal to everything using pop rivets? Not zip screws?

Post Likes
    That looks great!

Why do you prefer rivets to screws?
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    I use zip screws on the filter and any metal venting, the coil cabinet just sits on the furnace and is sealed, but everything else rivets.
    I love seeing your work, you don't know how happy that makes me.

QUOTE=johoff34;25799086]So are you saying you attach your metal to everything using pop rivets? Not zip screws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

9. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    They don't deform the metal, look better and are fun with the cordless riveter, but mostly I just enjoy riveting.

Post Likes
    but mostly I just enjoy riveting.
    Any other hobbies?
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    This discussion is riveting. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    ...just your pictures alone really changed the way I make metal and do installations...
    Yes he is an artist.

Made me change in the other direction. I KNOW I can't do that kind of work without spending some time with the master @billg as his apprentice.
    So I sub it out
    I only do hydronics installs anyway, and I'm starting to get too old for that.
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    Yes he is an artist.

Made me change in the other direction. I KNOW I can't do that kind of work without spending some time with the master @billg as his apprentice.
    So I sub it out
    I only do hydronics installs anyway, and I'm starting to get too old for that.
    Piping is not easy work, especially steam work, and when done right, its just as eye pleasing to me.

Post Likes
    Very true, I also like piping and wouldn't mind doing more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Piping is not easy work, especially steam work, and when done right, its just as eye pleasing to me.

Post Likes
    what would be really cool is if Milwaukee made that thing a dual headed tool.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I love me lots of rivets, and now, Man-o-man people are really going to hate me big time when they have to change out units that I've installed ��.
    I would like to say "SO YOUR THE ONE!!!!", but their work is not near that good. I have run into several jobs where the tear out took 3 times as long because someone used rivets that you can't get to later. Rivets have their place and the only thing worse than a screw that you can't get to to take loose is a rivet you can't get to.

You still do great looking work though.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    what would be really cool is if Milwaukee made that thing a dual headed tool.
    You're looking for a double headed...what? lol
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    I don't hide them, the only ones you'd have to drill out are on the top of the coil cabinet 4 or 8 of them depending opon my mood and easy to get at.

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I would like to say "SO YOUR THE ONE!!!!", but their work is not near that good. I have run into several jobs where the tear out took 3 times as long because someone used rivets that you can't get to later. Rivets have their place and the only thing worse than a screw that you can't get to to take loose is a rivet you can't get to.

You still do great looking work though.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    I had 1 a couple years ago, twins. They popped the plenum to the unit with inside flanges on the plenum. Then popped in coil rails an inch up. It went wall, return, unit, return, unit, water heater. Had to beat them out with a screwdriver. Not cool!

Post Likes
    No, I don't want people hunting for me...

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I had 1 a couple years ago, twins. They popped the plenum to the unit with inside flanges on the plenum. Then popped in coil rails an inch up. It went wall, return, unit, return, unit, water heater. Had to beat them out with a screwdriver. Not cool!

Post Likes
    Like I said earlier, your work is far better than that job was.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in