+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My commercial department killed it

Post Likes

My commercial department killed it

This was installed a few years ago. First time I saw it. I am dizzy.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Post Likes

My commercial department killed it

I hate to be the one to say this, but at this point I’d stop referring to them as “my”. I wouldn’t want to be associated with that kind of work, let alone the lack of work ethic. I can’t believe people pay for stuff like this. Unfortunately it’s not just the company you work for. It’s everywhere and every trade. People go to work because it’s a job that pays. Could care less about the out come not to mention it’s their name along with the companies name on it.

Question: What are ethics worth to these guys?

Answer: Nothing

Looking on the bright side (very little lite) at least the condensate is straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes johoff34 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Ok. I will rephrase it "the guys I work at the same company with".

Post Likes
    “The guys who work at the same company as me.”
    If I do a job in 30 minutes it's because I spent 30 years learning how to do that in 30 minutes. You owe me for the years, not the minutes.

Helpful Calcs, tips, tricks on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgm...TUTAdKmqRiTDEg

Post Likes
    Sure, it looks crappy, but it's a GD mini-split with a soft copper lineset. There's not a whole lot you can do to make those look better.

I guess they could have drilled a hole through the roof and stuffed it through the ceiling, but then you have a roof penetration to worry about.

How exactly should it have been done?
    If at First You Don't Succeed, Skydiving Is Not for You.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Sure, it looks crappy, but it's a GD mini-split with a soft copper lineset. There's not a whole lot you can do to make those look better.

I guess they could have drilled a hole through the roof and stuffed it through the ceiling, but then you have a roof penetration to worry about.

It may be a mini split but I guarantee it could of been done with a better standard to quality.

Post Likes
    Seen it a Thousand times Here. Not exactly my first choice. But I am Guilty also.
    There seems to be come a time when you Turn Out on your own, your busting A_ _ trying to keep the permits up, truck running, Lights on etc.
    while trying to compete in a Vicious uncontrolled market. I have come to a place where Aesthetics aren't AS important AS performance.
    I try to give every project the WHITE GLOVE. but this is a BUSINESS.
    If that machine is secured correctly, charged properly, wired accordingly and passed inspection... There is nothing wrong with that install other than a drip dip on the line set.
    Let the HEAT begin. LOL

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    “The guys who work at the same company as me.”
    Thanks Einstein.

Post Likes
    I can get a pic of one here that is just as bad or worse based on the angle of the pic.

Post Likes
    Hey, at least you don't have to worry about water leaks when it rains at the roof penetration.
    "The United States is a distillation of the human spirit of exploration."
    Elon Musk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post

Could have at least put a nice tight bend on it and supported it properly. Still wouldn't look great going around the roof overhang but it wouldn't look like shit at least.

Roof penetration would have been the best option.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    Could have at least put a nice tight bend on it and supported it properly. Still wouldn't look great going around the roof overhang but it wouldn't look like shit at least.

Roof penetration would have been the best option.
    do the veterans here agree that roof penetration was the best option?

(I vaguely remember a landlord complaining to tenant that he doesn't want roof penetration (was not related to HVAC installation).)

might the landlord (the customer) object to roof penetration?

if the HVAC tech is considering doing roof penetration, isn't it a good idea to check with the customer first to see if it's ok with them? let's say that the tech did contact the customer and gave the options and let's say the customer chose no roof penetration. then the job (as seen in the OP) was done right. right? or would you say that the tech should have explained things better and that would have resulted in the customer choosing roof penetration?

Post Likes
    What happens when the next enclosed trailer is 2' taller ?

Post Likes
    How did they fit that line set and liquid tight into that little tiny white pipe? Lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RamiRustom View Post
    do the veterans here agree that roof penetration was the best option?

(I vaguely remember a landlord complaining to tenant that he doesn't want roof penetration (was not related to HVAC installation).)

might the landlord (the customer) object to roof penetration?

if the HVAC tech is considering doing roof penetration, isn't it a good idea to check with the customer first to see if it's ok with them? let's say that the tech did contact the customer and gave the options and let's say the customer chose no roof penetration. then the job (as seen in the OP) was done right. right? or would you say that the tech should have explained things better and that would have resulted in the customer choosing roof penetration?
    Yes, we get it. You need consent before penetration. #roofslikeitrough

Post Likes
    this how NOT to do it Albert would you have installed like this or stood your ground and do it the right way?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseeb Uddin View Post
    Sell any car from our customers within just 30 minutes, giving them cold hard cash on the spot. We are working hard to revolutionize the car-selling process, by making it fairer, safer, and hassle-free.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    this how NOT to do it Albert would you have installed like this or stood your ground and do it the right way?
    What do you think?

Post Likes
    knowing you stood your ground and do it right it walk off the job how did i do

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pctech View Post
    knowing you stood your ground and do it right it walk off the job how did i do
    Absolutely. They may spend a little more for me to do it right but I can sleep at night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in