Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I think it safe to say that, yes, most of us care. But we also care about the fraudulent investigations the Dems are notorious for since Trump's election. They've lost credibility with their incessant gasps and accusations, of which none have proven true. And, with the reality of the last 2 year investigation being a Dem Witch Hunt (for which the Dems may well have to answer for actual collusion and Election interference) and the current circus starting immediately after, why would we believe any allegations against Trump brought by Dems? By all appearances, they've just moved on to a new 'Get Trump!' strategy.

My opinion? Another scheme, but instead of nullification of the current term, it's to keep Trump embroiled in an impeachment inquiry in an attempt to steal (yes, steal) the 2020 election.

The Left has no one to blame but themselves for this. They have demonstrated that they are willing to cross all lines to get rid of Trump.

Have you wondered why:

• The election is behind closed doors
    • They won't release any transcripts or any information (other than that they leak to MsM to keep the fires burning hot)
    • They won't allow Repubs to view impeachment documents without a "Democrat staffer present" (WHAT?????????)

Why keep all proceedings a secret...from the public and from fellow congress members? Why treat fellow congress members like children, requiring a staffer to be present in order for them to read documents?

The only information anyone gets is when pencil-neck leaks something that appears damaging to Trump.

So, the Dems control the information and who gets it. Shades of Gestapo.

Does any of this seem above board to you? Is this the way to conduct an impeachment inquiry (for which they refuse to take a vote)? No!

The above details scream 'Another witch hunt!', designed to accomplish what they've stated as their goal since before Trump set foot in the White House. Impeach. By hook or crook. Why anyone would trust what the Dems have to say regarding Trump is beyond me. They're not to be trusted, period. Their motives are obvious.
    I don't like the Dems keeping things secret & I would like to see everything out in the open but I'm sure they have their reasons. I may not agree with their reasons but I understand they're dealing with a president that has no boundaries & doesn't play by the rules. If Nixon was as ruthless & as good at obstructing as Trump, he would have probably finished out his term of office. The one thing Trump has going for him other than his blind supporters is the economy seems to be doing good. If the economy turns bad you might see the people & the rep. senators turn on him.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    No. It’s because having the son of the us vp gave the company some clout and credibility.
    Sorta like a celebrity endorsement. They were hiring a name..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I don't like the Dems keeping things secret & I would like to see everything out in the open but I'm sure they have their reasons. I may not agree with their reasons but I understand they're dealing with a president that has no boundaries & doesn't play by the rules. If Nixon was as ruthless & as good at obstructing as Trump, he would have probably finished out his term of office. The one thing Trump has going for him other than his blind supporters is the economy seems to be doing good. If the economy turns bad you might see the people & the rep. senators turn on him.
    Would that fall into the category of 'blind supporter'? Incidentally, the rest of your comments are without factual foundation.

Post Likes
    Their reason is that they are investigating the whole thing. They are doing the work of a grand jury right now. Getting up evidence and seeing if they have enough to proceed with charging tromp.

Due process is happening. Just not tromps version of due process

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    No. It’s because having the son of the us vp gave the company some clout and credibility.
    Sorta like a celebrity endorsement. They were hiring a name..
    Quoting is your friend. Your assertion is probably widely accepted on the Left, particularly since their target is Trump but in both cases, there is no concrete evidence. It's all a matter of interpretation. There is nothing more.

Post Likes
    The Clinton impeachment was based on the Whitewater investigation. Witnesses were interviewed behind closed doors, documents were collected from relevant agencies, and then a final report was presented to Congress.

The Nixon impeachment process began with weeks of closed-door hearings to gather evidence to present to Congress.

Why is Trump immune?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Would that fall into the category of 'blind supporter'? Incidentally, the rest of your comments are without factual foundation.
    No, because I followed that statement with "...I may not agree with their reasons..". When you're dealing with someone who doesn't play by the rules sometimes you have to do the same, to even the playing field.
    And Trump not only does not play by the rules, he makes them up as he goes along.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    No, because I followed that statement with "...I may not agree with their reasons..". When you're dealing with someone who doesn't play by the rules sometimes you have to do the same, to even the playing field.
    And Trump not only does not play by the rules, he makes them up as he goes along.
    But you don't know their reasons.

As to rules, whether Trump does or not is still up for debate. The Dems, on the other hand, seem perfectly willing to break myriad rules.

Can you think of a precedent for the Secret Hearings?

Post Likes

As to rules, whether Trump does or not is still up for debate. The Dems, on the other hand, seem perfectly willing to break myriad rules.

What rules of the House have the Dems broken?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Post Likes
    Quoting is your friend. Your assertion is probably widely accepted on the Left, particularly since their target is Trump but in both cases, there is no concrete evidence. It's all a matter of interpretation. There is nothing more.
    Was on my phone. Bad eyesight and man sized hands instead of dainty lady like hands makes it hard for me to hit things on that damn thing.

Guess I could use my pad... but its in the truck...... and I was in the kitchen and didnt have the energy to drag myself to a comp.... till now.

Kitchen computer is in the den now..... Im wore out from typing that... KARN SARN IT !!!!

Anyhow... yea... its all there is... and all there will ever be....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes

They are not really secret hearings...... they are the equivalent of a grand jury at work..... Grand jury doesnt let the defense cross examine... because nobody is charged with anything. Trump wont be formally charged with anything till there is a vote for impeachment..... and after that..... it becomes a trial... and then... the defense...... can have access to witnesses, statements, evidence....

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes

Here is an interesting article: https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2019/1...-closed-doors/
    I didn't do any research so i admit the newspaper article from 1974 could be false but on the surface it looks legit.
    The professor who wrote the article today is obviously very liberal so I'm not trying to use the article itself as much as the photo of the headlines from 1974.
    Gary
    -----------

Post Likes
    Interesting comment from Garys article....

There is literally nothing to stop Republican-majority committees and subcommittees in the Senate from summoning the same witnesses for public testimony.

Except, of course, that the only thing Team Trump dreads more than closed hearings with competent, experienced, career foreign service and national security professionals with damning testimony would be public hearings with competent, experienced, career foreign service and national security professionals with damning testimony.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast