Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes

I Think... There Should Be A Ban Here

I think that ARP would be a much happier place if posters were forbidden from commenting on other members. Iíve noticed that a lot of the threads go off topic to where you have members just trying to snipe and take shots at each other.

Itís not healthy. Folks should come here to relax and enjoy themselves and be brought down by getting mired down in these ... personal squabbles.

Maybe have a ban thing... points given for squabbling.. and when the person gets banned for squabbling put a diagonal thing across his or her avatar forever that says SQUABBLER.

Squabble... squabble squabble.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I think that ARP would be a much happier place if posters were forbidden from commenting on other members. Iíve noticed that a lot of the threads go off topic to where you have members just trying to snipe and take shots at each other.

Itís not healthy. Folks should come here to relax and enjoy themselves and be brought down by getting mired down in these ... personal squabbles.

Maybe have a ban thing... points given for squabbling.. and when the person gets banned for squabbling put a diagonal thing across his or her avatar forever that says SQUABBLER.

Sound like a liberal there corny.
    Oh wait I made a comment about you...I apologise

Sent from LG Stylo 4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Used to be...

ARP was about discussing politics...

MORE importantly...

SEEKING a better solution.

Now... ARP is about put-downs and winning arguments by practicing the BS the DIMS/Progressives practice...

Which is why GA does not post as much as he used to... and hangs out on another forum with:
    *NO modding...
    *Conservatives RULE...
    And
    *Liberal BS is thoroughly shredded (as it should be)!

Carry on...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Guy View Post
    Sound like a liberal there corny.
    Oh wait I made a comment about you...I apologise

Corny attacks the greatest American President we have ever seen in my lifetime with lies, dirty slanders and pure hate.

Now corn wants to be immune from all criticism or any comments about him or his character on what he posts no matter how fallacious, foul or trashy it is.

Good grief what an insane request as I have ever heard of on ARP. Give us a break for crying out loud.

Unbelievable just unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    I think that ARP would be a much happier place if posters were forbidden from commenting on other members. I’ve noticed that a lot of the threads go off topic to where you have members just trying to snipe and take shots at each other.

It’s not healthy. Folks should come here to relax and enjoy themselves and be brought down by getting mired down in these ... personal squabbles.

Or comments about knifing crackheads, or various other comments made by yella dogs.

Name:  Bby eek2_200x114.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  29.2 KB

Post Likes

I think the place would become a sterile bore if we didnít allow any cross commenting between the members. We do moderate and try and keep the place somewhat civil. Which reminds me, I have to give BrianGC his points for going over the line in his ďjury threadĒ. Considering the heated topics we discuss and the even more heated times we live in, I think the place isnít too hostile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes vin lashon liked this post
    Post Likes
    Squabbles are an inevitable part of ARP. It can get out of hand at times. Usually, things cool down. Perhaps a bit more civility would be useful, without making the place uninteresting, but how tightly do you want the ARP reins to be held? Could be a case of 'be careful what you ask for'.

Post Likes
    Here are the applicable Rules (which are not a secret <g>)

1) Flame wars will not be allowed. Keep your discussions civil and watch the name calling. If you feel yourself getting mad, back away from the computer until you cool off. We encourage debate and discussion, but it must be kept within reasonable standards.

2) Racial or sexual slurs in any way, shape, or form are strictly prohibited.

4) Language. This is not a locker room, foul language or dirty comments will not be tolerated in ARP. Language that is inappropriate may cause your post to be deleted or edited. Inappropriate comments concerning a posters spouse, children, family members, etc. are strictly prohibited and will earn you an infraction.

7) Trolling and Stalking. Neither are allowed in ARP.

Trolling - We define trolling as posting inflammatory or derogatory comments for the purpose of harassing other members and provoking a response for seemingly no other reason than personal amusement.
    This rule will only be enforced for habitual trolls and/or members who are more interested in causing trouble than having intelligent and meaningful discussion. ARPC will use some discretion in rendering decisions, and will endeavor to be as fair and responsible as possible when invoking the rule. Any members disciplined under the trolling rule will have the opportunity of one appeal as described below.

Stalking - We define Stalking as intentionally following another member or members around the board for the purpose of harassing and/or starting a flame war. As with the Trolling rule, enforcement of this rule will necessitate some discretion on the part of ARPC.

Any poster who has received a caution, an edit, or a disciplinary action from ARPC, may challenge our action once and once only for further ARPC review by e-mailing us at ARP Committee . After having heard his/her case in the appeal, the final decision will be rendered without further discussion. Any argument, disagreement, reference to the final decision, or reference to said proceedings on the forum will subject the challenger to possible Administrator sanctions. All discussions between ARPC and violator will take place via email. NO discussion concerning the initial action or any following discussion/actions will take place on the forum...period.

That seems to cover your issue. Just report anything that you find before the ARP Police finds it and click on the Report symbol.

My 'rule' has always been that only a person's ideas can be attacked in discussion. The person himself cannot be personally attacked.

PHM
    ------

PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post

7) Trolling and Stalking. Neither are allowed in ARP.

Trolling - We define trolling as posting inflammatory or derogatory comments for the purpose of harassing other members and provoking a response for seemingly no other reason than personal amusement.
    This rule will only be enforced for habitual trolls and/or members who are more interested in causing trouble than having intelligent and meaningful discussion. ARPC will use some discretion in rendering decisions, and will endeavor to be as fair and responsible as possible when invoking the rule. Any members disciplined under the trolling rule will have the opportunity of one appeal as described below.

Stalking - We define Stalking as intentionally following another member or members around the board for the purpose of harassing and/or starting a flame war. As with the Trolling rule, enforcement of this rule will necessitate some discretion on the part of ARPC.
    Can we have an example?

If one member is endlessly called a commie by another member, does that count?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Can we have an example?

If one member is endlessly called a commie by another member, does that count?
    Wow , such a hypothetical example. We are all works in progress

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I think the place would become a sterile bore if we didnít allow any cross commenting between the members. We do moderate and try and keep the place somewhat civil. Which reminds me, I have to give BrianGC his points for going over the line in his ďjury threadĒ. Considering the heated topics we discuss and the even more heated times we live in, I think the place isnít too hostile.

GC got in trouble in that thread that was closed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Corny attacks the greatest American President we have ever seen in my lifetime with lies, dirty slanders and pure hate.

Now corn wants to be immune from all criticism or any comments about him or his character on what he posts no matter how fallacious, foul or trashy it is.

Good grief what an insane request as I have ever heard of on ARP. Give us a break for crying out loud.

Unbelievable just unbelievable. Thank you, thank you very much
    Poor Corny....I didn't know he was that sensitive...I bet he cries when the puppy licks his face... poor guy.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Wow , such a hypothetical example. We are all works in progress

Are you advocating for people to be more 'progressive'? Tsk tsk.

I was only partly joking. My 'hypothetical' is a clear violation of the rules. We all just shrug our collective shoulders and say, "aghhh, what can you do..." I wonder would the reaction would be if a newcomer came along and did the exact same thing?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast