Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by EjBreeze View Post
    Not at all. Now is the time to excel in service. Show up when they call and handle their needs then and there. My customers don't have the time to do this searching for better prices themselves. Those buyouts only help me. The internet is great. For example. I asked my buyer to buy a Honeywell International S8610U3009 Module from Allpoints the other day for 185.00. I was quickly put in my place saying there were several on eBay for 94.00. So go look at Partstown prices. They are no better.
    Are you an ASA for any manufacturers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    No just 30 years self-employed. And about to retire. Any tech should think if their work will offer the retirement that they seek. I doubt many companies will respond.

Post Likes
    Isn't PartsTown's biggest competitor Amazon or the likes of Zoro ?
    As a owner/operator I rarely buy parts from PartsTown. I typically can find it cheaper elsewhere. Unless it's truly a proprietary part.
    I think their more geared towards the hotside but I could be wrong because I just don't use them enough.

Post Likes
    Congratulations on 30 yrs. and (hopefully soon) retirement.

I can see now how PartsTown’s business deals don’t really effect you at all. The company I work for and myself in particular are in a different position though. I had a response all typed up but it’s not really for an open forum like this one. I’ll just say that I’m seriously considering being self employed like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    You should. It is the largest site that needs to worry about us small guys. Most of those in control can't fix a toaster.

6. Likes VanMan812 liked this post
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Isn't PartsTown's biggest competitor Amazon or the likes of Zoro ?
    As a owner/operator I rarely buy parts from PartsTown. I typically can find it cheaper elsewhere. Unless it's truly a proprietary part.
    I think their more geared towards the hotside but I could be wrong because I just don't use them enough.
    Don't think we ever got anything from them. I think I did need to talk to them about some Perlicks

Post Likes
    Ive told the local supply houses ill purchase what I can in stock but if you have to order it I might as well get it on line. It gets delivered to my door the next afternoon, I don't have to drive an hour round trip to pick it up in the late afternoon!

Post Likes
    I can tell you from my experience that Parts Town is the absolute best parts company I have ever worked with and I've worked with Heritage, 3Wire, PartsXpress(Smart Care/Ecolab) and a little bit of Whaley.

I don't care all that much if I'm paying another buck or so as long as I have someone I can call and say "Hey, I need a bla and bla, tomorrow, get it to me" and they do every single time and you can order up until like 9 PM and it's there the next morning, it's insane.

Their custommer support is also extremely caring, I get a call once or twice a week from my account manager to ask how things are going and tell me the latest from Parts Town ask if I need anything and so forth, it's not a "hey, buy something" call, it just seems like they even out their customers to their staff so they have time to take care of you like they should.

They also have this https://www.techtownforum.com/forums/ which is awesome, it's not operated by Parts Town but it's a lot like this forum, just a lot less activity but I've gotten out of a lot of binds by getting help on there and it's free, like this one.

I was working with Heritage for maybe 2 years and I got 7 different account reps and each one behaved differently and was different levels of reliable, I don't like that, I need the person on the other line to be there when I need them and so far in the last year and a half, Parts Town hasn't let me down once, and that says something.

I was working with PartsXpress for about a year before Parts Town acquired them and they were good as well but didn't have the same inventory as Parts Town, that was the only downside.

I actually spoke with my account rep the other day and asked him about Amazon he said they are a competition in a way but for most places, OEM is the way to go, I try to do OEM as much as possible just to be on the safe side as going generic has bitten me in the ass before.

If you want my account reps phone number just PM me, I'm sure he'd be happy to help you guys out.

Post Likes
    (A little info...)

The PartsTown purchase of Heritage was done differently from the Whaley buying Fesco/etc/whomever purchases.

Heritage was bought by TechTown, not the service group Whaley/Fesco/whomever.

Methinks Heritage will become another parts supplier only division, in the future, perhaps in areas not served yet?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBozo2315 View Post
    (A little info...)

The PartsTown purchase of Heritage was done differently from the Whaley buying Fesco/etc/whomever purchases.

Heritage was bought by TechTown, not the service group Whaley/Fesco/whomever.

Methinks Heritage will become another parts supplier only division, in the future, perhaps in areas not served yet?
    I heard Parts Town bought them. I don't see why Tech Town would buy a parts company, they are a technical forum for kitchen guys.

I believe Tech Town is part of Parts Town but managed separately.

Post Likes
    we used to buy parts direct from Montague, Imperial, Jade, etc etc etc now they are all transferred to parts town. however we still pay what we used to pay direct with manufacture. The one thing that ticks me off is when i call into the manufacture and click 1 for parts and i get transferred to parts town where a person answering the phone doesn't know custom parts or parts that are not identified on a sheet in front of them.. if thats the case ill just look at the parts manual....

Post Likes
    one thing ill note is being in hawaii we get stuffed on freight cost but with parts town we get pretty good pricing for freight, a lot better then ordering thru the manufacture.

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast