Post Likes

Carrier 23XRV Touch Pilot Remote Setting

Hi , I have a 2016 Chinese Carrier 23XRV with a touch pilot control . I am running and leaving it in remote operating mode to find on return its back in local .Intermittently occurring . My first thought was someone pushing buttons but ruled it out. When I power chiller down and power back up it does goes back to Local. I am thinking now possible power loss .
    I have another chiller next to it , Carrier 30XV with a similar touch pilot, slightly different display, and when powering that chiller down and back up again it stays in Remote.
    I have been through the settings on the 23XRV but cannot find anything in regards to this I could change other than the remote/local setting.
    If there is a faulty battery backup on this controller I would have thought I would lose date/time on power up.
    Any suggestions.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Im pretty sure 23XRV's do not have a touch pilot. At least I've never seen or heard of one having it. 30XV, 30XA and 30XW's have whats called a touch pilot. The 23XRV screen is a ICVC or you can call it pic III controls. Can you take a picture of the panel and post it?

Post Likes
    Hi, Photo attached of front screen.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190325_143011_resized.jpg  

Post Likes
    Actually in the Control I.D on screen it does say
    Device description-23XRVPIC5 , would this be a Pic 5 controller although it says touch pilot on the front?

Post Likes
    Wow, yep it’s a touch pilot. Haven’t seen that on a 23XRV. I’m not sure. I’ll have to look into that

Post Likes
    It's the new touchpilot with Smart View now being used across various new units out of Carrier Montluel France.
    Gibbo

Post Likes
    Smart View is the controls name. Will be the same in the US out of Charlotte.
    Gibbo

Post Likes
    Hello Dicko100, Maybe your client would consider a Battery back up system to prevent it from being restored to Local mode on the chiller during power outage. As a go to option, until you can receive an answer on here or from Carrier controls group. Good luck

Post Likes
    Smart View is an option on Version 5 and can still be used with the current servicetool. It I'll be fitted on Version 6 as standard but will need the new servicetool about to be rolled out.