Post Likes

York YS 193 Shaft Seal Tool

Hey Guys

I have done a dumb and don’t have the fixed face seal install tool, (YCCH 193 REV 3 seal) does anyone know if you can buy it individually? I don’t necessarily need the whole kit - I left changing this seal until last and couldn’t see how important it was in the grainy pictures on the manual from York 🙄. Just want to see if I can get a part number to give to York OR if anyone has made their own, which they will definitely want to share in the open forum 🤔

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Yes you can buy it they have a kit that you could have gotten with seal and tool as one part number.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    See if your friendly local JCI branch will let you borrow one. Or if you know any chiller guys, see if they’ve got one on their truck you could use.

Which part is it...the Teflon ring?

Post Likes
    Thanks guys, yeah I’ve asked around - a subcontractor we use is seeing if his mate has one. I’m not sure how ‘friendly’ my local branch is but that’s a good idea to ask them.

It’s the white thing in the high definition picture included with the seal

I looked at the picture and thought is it that important? I’ve done plenty of seals by hand but after about 2 minutes I knew I was in trouble. The JCI contact I buy parts off is usually on top of letting me know if I will need the special tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    If you were in the states, I’d loan you one. But being down under, you’ll prolly have the job done before it even arrives! LOL!

6. Likes Rex1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Case closed, another branch of my company had a spare that they just let me keep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk