Post Likes

iDVM510 broken or using it wrong

Can somebody verify that to check a flame sensor current, place the meter leads in black/common and the lower left red port then select uA on the dial and then select DC with the function button.
    Now place meter leads inline with the flame sensor.
    If this is correct, does no reading and the unit dropping out like no flame sensed mean bad meter(I have tried 2 sets of leads).

Also, I have tried 3 capacitor load tests, using the Suco/Techlink app, and they all failed, 2 were new out of the box.
    Capacitors all over rated microfarads by standard no load test.
    I was going to do the math but forgot.

Is this one more indication I have an issue?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    It might be that the leads were reversed. I always forget if red goes to flame sensor terminal or wire. If it gets zero reading I switch black to flame sensor and red to wire. Since its DC itll only read one way. God I hope Im right about that and not just grossly ignorant. Ive gotta do some quick research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Post Likes
    Bad fuse?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Achso017 View Post
    It might be that the leads were reversed. I always forget if red goes to flame sensor terminal or wire. If it gets zero reading I switch black to flame sensor and red to wire. Since its DC itll only read one way. God I hope Im right about that and not just grossly ignorant. Ive gotta do some quick research.

I used another meter and polarity did not matter with it.

I do think I recall seeing a negative when the leads were reversed. Switched them and it was the same reading, just no negative sign.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Post Likes
    I do have a bad fuse, but nobody in town has one and TTT is out!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I do have a bad fuse, but nobody in town has one and TTT is out!!!

Cool. Glad you found it. I learned something too.

Post Likes
    I, my mistake, did not realize there are 2 fuses in this meter.

Post Likes
    I'm considering the iDVM 550 for use with MQ. Have you been happy with it? Any notable caveats?